Great iPad 2/3 case for $10, delivered.

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by Tinman, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

I think it was because of Amazon Prime membership. I did have the option for 2 day shipping for an extra $3.99 but I didn't take it (and it arrived just as fast anyway).

Michael

2. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I received my Poetic HardBack Protective Case. First impression is very good. I like that it functions the same as the smart cover with unlocking the iPad while providing protection to the back as well. I also like the varied viewing positions that the case provides and the slim profile, not bulky at all. Not bad for $16. Thank you goes out to bigdog5142 for his video review that brought this case to my attention in this thread.

5. Chancellor

Chancellor Member
    Bronze

Yeah I can't think of any reason why this wasn't worth the 10-16 it cost us.

6. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

No problem...glad I could help in your decision process. Enjoy the case!

7. L.I. Bruce Fan

Bronze

For those of you that have picked up the MoKo case, a couple of questions:

1) How easy/hard is it for the left edge of the iPad to "pop" out of the case to use as a viewing stand?
    2) What protects the left corners of the iPad from being scratched if/when you pop it out to use the viewing stand, and do you think it is sufficient to protect it from scratches?

And if any of you have picked up the Poetic Hardback case also mentioned in this thread, I'd pose the same questions to you...

Lastly, has anyone tried this one http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-BLACK-Leatherette-Smart-Generation/dp/B006R2OH4A?SubscriptionId=AKIAIFN346PUWV2PJATA&tag=tellgadget-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B006R2OH4A

Thanks all!

8. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Bruce Fan, of you look back a bit on this thread, I posted a video review of the Poetic case.

9. L.I. Bruce Fan

Bronze

I saw it, and the addendum regarding the magnets that hold the left side of the case to the back of the iPad. Thanks!

Still wondering about those left side tabs and about the other cases though...

10. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

Tabs don't hold the iPad in...the magnets do. It's not bad...not great...but not bad. At $16 though...WELL worth it.

11. L.I. Bruce Fan

Bronze

Well, after confirming with invellop that they have corrected the magnet/smartcover function to work with the new iPad, I ordered that case. If anyone is interested, I will share my thoughts on it once I receive it.

12. Chancellor

Chancellor Member
    Bronze

For sure mate, let us know!

13. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I have ordered the xGear shield for my back cover. It's back ordered until the 6th. I wish I already had it. I came home from work yesterday put the iPad on a book on my reading stand and as I walked away I heard something fall. Yep the book cover was slick and my iPad slid off and hit the metal leg and cracked the screen. The good news is I bought the Apple Care + so I will call the store today and see if they have one in stock,64gb, wifi & 4g. It hit the very corner of the screen and the Smart Cover was just pushed aside. I think the shield may have provided some protection I used xGear's case last year and it was slim and provided a good deal of protection.

14. Chancellor

Chancellor Member
    Bronze

That's the problem with the smart cover lol, it looks awesome but does nothing :-(.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but AppleCare doesn't cover cracked screens as a result of user negligence.

Sent from my iPad 3 (64GB)

16. glttrgrl

glttrgrl New Member

I think that AppleCare does cover damage like this, but my understanding is that it's a $50 deductible. I went with this option for my new iPad instead of the Squaretrade warranty which offers the same coverage (free replacement/repair for defects, etc for two years but $50 deductible for accidental user-inflicted damage).
    Back to the case topic, I'm currently using a Marware Ecovue case I got on clearance bc it's for the 1st gen iPad. It works pretty well but is a little loose and I'm really wanting a camera cutout.

I had an Otterbox Defender on my iPad1 and that thing slipped off the couch or my bed onto the floor at least a dozen times in nearly two years and still looks flawless. I'm torn-I really want that kind of coverage again, especially for the corners and buttons, but the Defender is so freaking heavy! It feels like it almost triples the weight.

Any suggestions for something that has almost the same level of protection without all that extra heft? I realize it may not really be possible, but I'm using the new one for reading much more than my old one, thus the extra weight is a much bigger deal to me this time around... I take the thing with me everywhere. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. eye-Fone

eye-Fone Zealot
    Gold

I stand corrected. It says it right there on their web site...

"Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling of your iPad, each subject to a $49 service fee"

Sent from my iPad 3 (64GB)

• Like Like x 1
  18. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Yes it was covered, $49 deductible and just one accident to go.

19. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

You're within 30 days of purchase...if I were in your situation, I'd heavily consider purchasing a SquareTrade warranty on top of the AppleCare for a couple extra oops! $79 on coupon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

I thought about that especially since that's a pretty low cost per opps but probably will not.

21. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

ImageUploadedByiCafe1334019250.078586.jpg

Got my Khomo Dual Case in, so far I'm impressed with it. The knock off smart cover works great and activates the screen on and off as advertised. The rear case also fits nicely and looks good. Not a bad deal considering its a smart cover and a rear case for less than Apples smart cover alone!

• Like Like x 1