Great new accessory for rifle enthusiasts

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by Rafagon, May 22, 2013.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

What will they think of next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

How to 3D print guns and food...oh wait, that's already been done. They'll figure out how to 3D print a 3D printer. Also, personal jet packs for transportion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

That looks kinda cool, but like the article says, pretty gimmicky. Personally, I'd rather save a little more for a decent holographic sight for the AR-15. I think it would be better suited for a bb/pellet gun or an airsoft rifle. Ok, who am I kidding, I totally want one!

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I saw a post on Facebook regarding using the iPhone's camera to count your heart rate. Now that's neat. I wonder if they measure pulse-Ox too? Sorry for going OT, but chris started it.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

^ Ah, now I get what's happening with that tagging bug on eiC! Whenever someone has your same member name but with a letter following it, it sets the stage. If there is a Chris S, for example, whenever someone tags Chris and says "Chris started" or "Chris" followed by any word that starts with "s" it will tag Chris S instead of Chris. More info here: Various site updates

The phone would need to emit red and infrared light for pulse oximetry.

EDIT: You fixed the tagging. I didn't get it quoted in time.

7. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

Well, pulse rate would be a useful stat for a sniper, so it's not totally OT.

Sent using iCafe app

8. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I was aghast when I read what's going on with 3D gun printing a couple weeks ago.

It is obviously illegal, but the thought scares the daylights out of me. Once hackers get a hold of these files (and they will), start sharing them amongst themselves, and subsequently printing weapons in the privacy of their own homes, it could result in the beginning of the breakdown of society.

11. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

I don't think it will greatly change cultures that easily make firearms available as the cost to print your first should remain north of $300.

The real elephant in the room are the terrorists that can conceal arms into secured areas.

Sent from my Nexus 4

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yeah just what I need when flying MedEvac, some numbskull on his jetpack flying and texting crashing against the helicopter !