Great new app called "2048"

Discussion in 'iPad Apps and Games' started by Rafagon, May 16, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I highly recommend this game for anyone who is into puzzle games:

2048 - Wikipedia link
    2048 - App Store link

Enjoy, and feel free to post a screenshot of your accomplishments. If you want to challenge me, my Game Center username is Rafagon.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What took you so long? :D

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just found out about it myself, LOL... I usually stick to my tried-and-true apps, like Words With Friends, Scramble With Friends, the cracked.com app for their funny videos and articles, the Reuters news app, the Wikipedia app, and various tech sites' apps like The Verge, CNET, etc. Oh and of course, Facebook and (to a lesser degree) Twitter.

I do realize that I stick to those "WIth Friends" games long after everyone else has gotten tired of them... If it ain't broke, why fix it? :D

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I just played it for the first time yesterday. I don't play the games much. Now that my wife has her 5c, we've been playing Words With Friends some. I didn't like playing strangers.

5. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I was playing the web version.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I am late to the 2048 party, and I can't help but be amused by the interesting story behind this game.

I was confused at first when I saw the Game Center logo on the app's page on iTunes, because I could find no sign of Game Center integration on the 2048 app I was using. No wonder.

There is ia small "disclaimer" on the page of the "cloned" app: "Inspired by Gabriele Cirulli game available on the web: http://..."

"Inspired" is putting it mildly. However, even the Italian guy's version of 2048 (the one which I thought was the original) is itself a clone. One of these days I should pick up a copy of iOS Application Development For Dummies and get "inspired" by one of the games out there. My twist could be that the game is switchable between English or Spanish menus.

7. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1400641345.437723.jpg