Great screen cleaner

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
I'm going to suggest that the warnings are there to:

a) Stop you spraying liquids onto or into your iPhone
b) Stop you using anything caustic or abrasive that may damage the finish

As these wipes avoid both of the above issues, and are a lint-free moist towel, they fit the bill and work superbly.

The problems with LCD and Plasma screens seem to occur when people use liquid cleaners, and that liquid wicks between the layers of glass leaving a watermark... :(

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cleaning/this-is-why-you-shouldnt-clean-your-hdtv-with-windex-251527.php
Not recommended! :(:(:(
Yeah, that is what I was referring to sorta. Just getting the word out that it is not recommended to use any kind of a household cleaning supply to clean your iPhone. I use iKlear on my macbook and iMac as well. I have been using a dry link free cloth to clean my iPhone and seems to work well. If I need to use something with liquid on it, it will be iKlear or the wipes. Just making sure I pass the word along and help anyone out that needs it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I use Apple's iClear to clean my iPod, MacBook Pro, and iPhone, and other Apple products.
Actually, I'm not sure that iKlear is an Apple product. The label says, "Recommended for the Apple iPod, flat panel display," etc.

May be a nit, but it's not an Apple product, as far as I can tell.

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
UPDATE:

Continued to use the glass screen wipes and:

a) My iPhone looks like new each time
b) I've observed zero issues with the glass or surround
c) My iPhone stays cleaner looking longer

:D:D:D

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
I heed the warnings and recommendations in the user's guide. I have always used slightly damp Bounty paper towels on my smartphones including the iPhone. They work amazingly well.

I wet the Bounty paper towel with just a little water, then squeeze it very well and open it up again. If it's too wet, I let it sit open for a few minutes until it's just damp and then wipe the phone with it. Works VERY well.

Don't try this with cheapo paper towels, they're either not soft enough or don't hold up.

I find blowing a little hot breath on the screen and wiping it off with the cloth that came with it works best for me. I guess if I had some dragon breath one day I might melt it :cool:

hiphop101

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
is there a screeen protector for iPhone?

WTEngel

Bronze
May 22, 2007
Texas
iKlear is not an Apple product. I asked the folks in the Apple Store what they were using to clean the iPhones after they had been played with by dirty customers all day, and they related to me that iKlear was the only product they sold in the store they used to clean the iPhones. They said it "Works with iPhone" and that the company had not put the label on the packaging yet....

So, not an Apple product, but should have a "Works with iPhone" label on it.

This is just what I heard. I figure if they are using it in the stores to clean the iPhones day in and day out, it is good enough for me...and BTW, it does work awesome...

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i use a monster screen cleaner it works great it came with a microfiber cloth or watever u call those things and u just spray some on it and wipe the screen gets rid of anything makes it look brand new =]

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
When I am at work I just use the mobster screen cleaner with microsheere cloth... Stuff works great on the iPhone, lcds, glasses, even glass coffee tables... Worth the $25 and a bottle lasts over a year easily.

rubbles

Aug 4, 2007
Screen Cleaner for your iPhone

The screen is supposedly made of optician's glass, so I don't think the ammonia would affect it. I could be wrong, tho.

Actually you have to be careful with ammonia dealing with the Optical Glass on the iPhone. You can find some good solutions out there that are safe as well. I picked up one called iKlenz that has worked out pretty good for me with the iPhone and has a nice look along with a cloth and case. If you google the words "iPhone cleaner" you should find a number of choices.

Be Careful!

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
i have never cleaned mine. I always use my phone after eating cheetos, fried chicken, or chips. Leaves it with a gleamy shine. The screen is so slippery I have no problems navigating!

robd54

Aug 8, 2007
screenkleen

I have these at work (http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/REARR1291.html) and tried on one my phone this morning as its alcohol free. Worked great, however I then came on here to make sure its safe. I use the pad that came with it, but as many others here looking for something to get it real clean every once in a while. What do you guys think of the product in the link above?

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
Pretty sweet ill have to give it a shot.

I have just been using the whip that the iPhone came with
But i think ill need something to replace that soon.

I found this stuff after searching around.
http://www.klearscreen.com/detail.aspx?ID=11

but the glass plus is much cheaper.. lol