Great video for those who want to try SwiftKey

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Just like say thanks to my friend josh for this helpful video. im sure it will help some of the members with the new keyboards on ios

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I wanted to thank you for this post. I had SwiftKey and set it all up but I couldn't find out how to use it. I never realized we had to tap on the globe icon to bring it up. This video solved my dilemma.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Any 3rd party keyboard causes problems in the Messages app. But I haven't noticed any elsewhere. I really like SwiftKey and am willing to put up with the glitches to use it. I don't like the stock keyboard at all.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I had to delete this keyboard. As much as I liked it years ago in my Android days. It kept locking up certain apps I was in. Rather annoying.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I installed SwiftKey last night for the holiday keyboard which I enjoy using (thanks @Ledsteplin). As far as crashing, I've had no problems in Safari or other third party apps that make use of the keyboard. The few times I used it in iMessage, it worked without a hitch.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
SwiftKey updates to recognize Apple shortcuts. So now you can use @@ for your email or &@ for Watch or whatever. This is a great addition to SwiftKey. ☮

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
SwiftKey updates to recognize Apple shortcuts. So now you can use @@ for your email or &@ for Watch or whatever. This is a great addition to SwiftKey. ☮

The implementation is somewhat different, though it does seem to work. It shows up as a suggestion instead of auto-filling.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The implementation is somewhat different, though it does seem to work. It shows up as a suggestion instead of auto-filling.
Correct. I should have said, "iPhone shortcuts." They show in the predictive box, rather than the way the stock keyboard shows them, but a tap on the apace bar enters them to the text. Or mine does anyways.