Great video quality because of WiFi?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 9, 2007
when i first got my iPhone, i was watching youtube... and the quality SUCKED... but im like eh i still like the phone. but i was at my bf house and i was connected to the wifi, the video quality was sooooo clear that i couldnt put down the phone and kept on watching hella videos. is it the connection to the wifi that made my quality so much better? is it cause the edge super slow thats why the quality is so bad when im not connected to the wifi?

pkells1

Aug 9, 2007
yeah, the wifi videos are supposed to have better quality. sorry, i can't check right now but that is what i read in another thread.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Yes, it seems that the phone downloads different versions of the video based on whether you're on WiFi or on EDGE, which is a smart thing to do.

I too find myself watching tons of youtube videos when on WiFi :)

tzhourdeka

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I noticed that too. But what is cool though is that on Google videos you can watch videos (On the iPhone click download for iPod/PSP and then click download) and it is great quality for WiFi or EDGE.

pkells1

Aug 9, 2007
I noticed that too. But what is cool though is that on Google videos you can watch videos (On the iPhone click download for iPod/PSP and then click download) and it is great quality for WiFi or EDGE.

i can't seem to find this feature, could someone please help me out because this would be a wonderful thing to be able to do.