Great writeup on dead iPhone and return

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
After watching the MSNBC iPhone coverage before and post release I have concluded that they have the absolute worst tech editors.

azwilly

Jun 11, 2007
A lot of folks have mentioned the heat issue when charging (and it was a known prob with the Macs) As for biased...if my iPhone dies I'll DEFINITELY be "biased".......as I'm sure you would be.

GuyFawkes

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
The thing about this story is that it was written with a rather negative title and tone... When you read the story it turned our pretty good for the writer. AT&T is going to get a black eye over it, because it basically makes them look like an incompetent middleman. AT&T needs to get a better game plan together.

Apple came through. I would have been thrilled that it was taken care of so easily, but not with this writer...

So then I ask does "MS"nbc have a possible reason to insert FUD into the iPhone? Nah, couldn't be :laugh2: Look over there, was that a black helicopter?! :eek:

GuyFawkes

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
Must be nice to be able to pickup the phone and call someone at Apple's PR department and have them get someone to give you a call right back. Don't think for one second that he didn't throw out the fact that he is an MSNBC Contributing Editor. I highly doubt that any Joe walking into an Apple store with a dead iPhone that was purchased at an AT&T store would get such an exchange. How does that even work? Exchanging an AT&T purchase for an Apple purchase?

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
I used my phone while it was plugged in the other day, I will make sure it is the last time. Having a macpro and knowing how hot it gets, I don't wan to run into any problems with that. I try to charge the phone a few times through out the day to keep it from running out.