GreenPoison A5 chip Jailbreak?

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Well, I finally got it to work. After a full restore. WiFi was on, only because I forgot to turn it off. But after restoring my iPad2, the Absinthe JB ran first time without a hitch!

WOOOOHOOOOO!

Reactions: Bennyboy

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
WTF they need to figure out a way to get the windows version to run. At least acknowledge that their is a problem.
At first I thought the servers must be busy. But not a 1 am the 3rd day it's been available

/rant
I know it's free and they don't have to do anything. Just annoyed because I need to tether my tablet for work

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
How do you do that? Is it hard
It took me a few tries; it doesn't like iPhones with a lot of data (music, apps) on them, so I finally did it successfuly with a newly-restored iPhone.

I had to restore last night because of something I did that went astray. I used the GUI jailbreak Absinthe 0.2 and it went fine with no hiccups.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Think I'm jumping in the next day or 2.
I'll let you know how my windows JB goes.
Naps, what do u consider too much data? I've got 7 GB of music and 3.5 GB for 2 films.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Think I'm jumping in the next day or 2.
I'll let you know how my windows JB goes.
Naps, what do u consider too much data? I've got 7 GB of music and 3.5 GB for 2 films.
I've heard some people say it's best to start with a phone that is mostly empty, especially if you are using the CLI. You can backup, remove all content and settings, jailbreak and then restore your backup. I'm sure you'll be using the GUI since it's available now, so I'd try it first without removing anything. My jailbreak only took 7 minutes and I had 20 GB used space before starting. I used a Mac.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Did everything just like it said. Ran the tool, plugged my phone, it recognized it & I hit jailbreak. The status bar moved a little & said preparing jailbreak or something like that. The phone did nothing. Waited almost 2 hours to give it a chance & nothing moved or changed. I decided to unplug & try again now when I run the tool it says I attempted to jailbreak & it failed & then says restored successfuly. WTH

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Did everything just like it said. Ran the tool, plugged my phone, it recognized it & I hit jailbreak. The status bar moved a little & said preparing jailbreak or something like that. The phone did nothing. Waited almost 2 hours to give it a chance & nothing moved or changed. I decided to unplug & try again now when I run the tool it says I attempted to jailbreak & it failed & then says restored successfuly. WTH
Did you try to restore as new, jailbreak and then backup your phone?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Just to be sure. I need to connect to iTunes, restore to original setting, jailbreak, then restore from backup?
Look at post #69 by Europa in this thread.

Sorry I made a mistake, didn't mean to say restore as new.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
That really doesn't help me. Maybe there will be a fix soon.
I would personally restore my phone and try again. remove all songs if you have a lot on them your phone, you can always sync it back.