Griffin FM transmitter for iPhone release

rpeterslll

Dec 4, 2007
Any word on when Griffin is supposed to release their new iPhone products? Mainly the ITrip Autopilot for iPhone?

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Well they said next month on jan 16th. So we might be seeing it soon this month. I'll buy this the day its released. Can't wait.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Well they said next month on jan 16th. So we might be seeing it soon this month. I'll buy this the day its released. Can't wait.
so you will be able to plug it into the car lighter...tune into the preset FM station and pretty much contol the iPhone through it?

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
so you will be able to plug it into the car lighter...tune into the preset FM station and pretty much contol the iPhone through it?
From the looks of the article and the picture the iPhone controls can be controled via that remote in the middle.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
From the looks of the article and the picture the iPhone controls can be controled via that remote in the middle.
well looks like we're going to have to see what all it can control...for example, if you're listenin' to a song and you get an incoming call....then what...

Feb 25, 2008
I just ordered one of these from Buy.com for about $60 that will ship when they get it in. No telling when that will be, but the price was right and I figured that would be one of the fastest (and cheapest!) ways to get one.

One of the coolest things I like about it is its ability to display track information on the FM radio's screen via RDS. I have never seen this on any other FM modulator.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I just ordered one of these from Buy.com for about $60 that will ship when they get it in. No telling when that will be, but the price was right and I figured that would be one of the fastest (and cheapest!) ways to get one.

One of the coolest things I like about it is its ability to display track information on the FM radio's screen via RDS. I have never seen this on any other FM modulator.
Could you post a link to the item at Best Buy. I don't see the iTrip AutoPilot for iPhone on there.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I contacted Griffin Technologies on this and this is the response I got from them on it:

"We expect that product to be available this Spring, probably in April or May.

Thanks for your interest,

Mike
Support Technician
Griffin Technology"

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I contacted Griffin Technologies on this and this is the response I got from them on it:

"We expect that product to be available this Spring, probably in April or May.

Thanks for your interest,

Mike
Support Technician
Griffin Technology"
Shame its delayed. None the less this product is going to rock.

skeezerjmh

Feb 25, 2008

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
I would ONLY buy one if it includes speaker phone function through car radio speakers

skeezerjmh

Feb 25, 2008
I would ONLY buy one if it includes speaker phone function through car radio speakers
Well, considering this is one of VERY few "Works with iPhone" vehicle FM transmitters slated to come out, this seems to be the best bet. Are you aware of any iPhone FM transmitters that give all the functionality of this one? I haven't found any that can even match this, much less ADD speakerphone capability.

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
I now have the the Transpod dock which; Holds,charges, and transmits to the FM radio in my truck. Works pretty good but does have some occasional GSM interference. It does not, unfortunately, have any phone functions.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
So sorry for the late reply. I haven't been back to this thread in a while. I apologize for any misunderstanding, as this item is not from Best Buy, but Buy.com. Here is the link.

http://www.buy.com/prod/itrip-autop...arge-play-your-ipods/q/loc/111/206761808.html
that one doesn't say its for iPhone and its way cheaper than it says on the site

i got this one a couple weeks ago
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/styfle123/1207021245.jpg
it says it works with ipod touch so i bought it
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390447
its got a strong signal, charges my phone, its a great holder for in the car use;), and it has a clearscan feature that finds empty radio stations for you
it even has a AUX out port for normal headphones or connecting directly into the car (i sometimes use my tape adapter)

unfortunately like all fm transmitters, as soon as you get a call then it leaves the car speakers...but i just put it on speaker phone with one tap and then im good to go

skeezerjmh

Feb 25, 2008
that one doesn't say its for iPhone and its way cheaper than it says on the site

i got this one a couple weeks ago
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee92/styfle123/1207021245.jpg
it says it works with ipod touch so i bought it
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=390447
its got a strong signal, charges my phone, its a great holder for in the car use;), and it has a clearscan feature that finds empty radio stations for you
it even has a AUX out port for normal headphones or connecting directly into the car (i sometimes use my tape adapter)

unfortunately like all fm transmitters, as soon as you get a call then it leaves the car speakers...but i just put it on speaker phone with one tap and then im good to go
This is Griffin's page for the iTrip AutoPilot stating that it is for iPod and iPhone.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripautopilot

If you click the "Buy Now" tab at the right of the screen, note that the model number is 4046-TRPAUTOC, which happens to match what Buy.com is selling with no picture or description. This one is "Works with iPhone" certified, and will not cause that GSM noise I'm sure you must be experiencing.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
This is Griffin's page for the iTrip AutoPilot stating that it is for iPod and iPhone.

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripautopilot

If you click the "Buy Now" tab at the right of the screen, note that the model number is 4046-TRPAUTOC, which happens to match what Buy.com is selling with no picture or description. This one is "Works with iPhone" certified, and will not cause that GSM noise I'm sure you must be experiencing.
Still says coming soon. Everytime this thread pops back to the top of the board, I get excited. But once again I'm left disappointed.:(

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Sadly the FM stations up here in Gainesville are absolutely dreadful. I wouldn't mind having a transmitter in Tampa though. I guess only time will tell when it's released.