Griffin - iTrip FM Transmitter for iPhone

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
Model: 9202-SNSATA

I tried this on my iPhone and it works just fine although it is meant for the iPod. You just can't use your iPhone while the music plays over your car stereo which is no big deal for me anyway.

Has anyone tried this and what are your thoughts?

cosmo420

Jan 26, 2008

I tried this on my iPhone and it works just fine although it is meant for the iPod. You just can't use your iPhone while the music plays over your car stereo which is no big deal for me anyway.

I have bought the Belkin equivelent that is wireless and it too is just for ipods as well, the only dissapointent is that I want to be able to forward to the next song or songs like our earpiece does without touchoung the phone, I thought the fm transmitter that comes with it was capable of doing that but I was wrong so I brought it back, other then that it worked fine, also it too wont let my incoming calls in as well.
By the way when I run the wire from phone to aux, I can hear my ring tone through the car speakers, but not through the Belkin

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

I didn't like it and took it back. A little static no matter what, and the volume was limited (to conserve iPhone battery).

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD

I've used it extensively with my 80 GB iPod when I would travel for work. The rental cars I would get lacked a cassette adapter. Now adays, most rental cars I've used have the aux input for connecting directly to the iPhone via an adapter, of course.

My experience has been less than satisfactory. It became a labor of love to find an open radio station (let alone the recommended 3 - above and below). In the end, I decided to buy an Orbit speaker. Although not designed for the iPhone, the GSM buzz is minimal, and the speaker volume is plenty-loud for car use.