Griffin Phone 3G Cases

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
Griffin iPhone 3G Cases *Cases Are Now Shipping!*

Griffin Technology has created 5 new cases for the iPhone 3G and they are available for pre order now. You can use the coupon code “FIREWORKS” (EXPIRES July 31st) on their website and receive a 20% discount which is a $3-6 discount. They are also offering free shipping on all products over $10 which covers all of their cases.

·Elan Clip
·Elan Form
·Flex Grip
·Nu Form
·Wave

Elan Clip - Quick access to your iPhone, in clip-in style - $24.99
Black

Two ways to carry your iPhone: face-in for maximum privacy and protection; or face-out for maximum convenience and access.
Elan Clip is an elegant genuine leather outer case, wrapped around an unbelievably durable polycarbonate shell, for protection and great looks. Elan Clip's durable belt clip rotates 180 degrees. You can check your iPhone without removing it from your belt; and the clip locks into an extended position for use as a stand while watching movies.

Leather and polycarbonate hold your iPhone securely
180-degree swivel belt clip
Non-scratch microfiber inner case lining
Includes premium microfiber cleaning cloth
Thin static-peel screen protector
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanclip

Elan Form - Hard-shell leather protection - $24.99
Black, Brown/Pink

Hard-core protection for your iPhone - and nothing else.
Sometimes all you need is slim, pocketable protection. Elan Form's simple two-piece shell snaps snug around your iPhone. This slender shell's design bonds top-grain leather to hard-shell polycarbonate to encase your iPhone in two layers of protection.

Features

Top-grain leather outer shell crafted from hand-matched hides
Protective polycarbonate inner shell surrounds and shields your iPhone
Easy access to multi-touch display, ports and controls
Includes static peel screen protector and premium cleaning cloth
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elanform3g

Flex Grip - Silicone case for iPhone 3G - $14.99
Black, Red, Pink, White

When the going gets tough, all your iPhone needs is a little FlexGrip.
Griffin’s FlexGrip case wraps your iPhone in durable, non-scratching silicone, textured to make it easy to hold onto.

Textured silicone case for sure grip and wrap-around protection
Protects your iPhone, front and back, from scratches, dents and dust
Full access to screen, jacks, and controls
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/flexgripiPhone

Nu Form - Hard-shell protection in a slim, EasyDock design - $24.99
Black, White

Durable polycarbonate wraps your iPhone for maximum protection and minimal bulk.
Includes a thin, rigid touchscreen protector that won't get in the way of your fingers and features our EasyDock design for quick syncing.

2-piece shatter-proof polycarbonate shell snaps snug around your iPhone
EasyDock lets you charge & sync without removing your iPhone from the case
Rigid screen protector guards touchscreen, allows control of your iPhone
Premium cleaning cloth included for proper care of your iPhone
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/nuform

The unique wave-shaped closures on the sides define the design elegance of this protective case for the new iPhone 3G.
The distinctive wave-shaped closures define the elegant styling as well as the unique functionality of this translucent case. Wave encloses your iPhone in clear but durable polycarbonate. Included rigid screen protector guards your touchscreen, but allows complete control of your iPhone.

Elegant wave-shaped closures grip with maximum surface area
Durable, beautiful polycarbonate protection
Rigid touchscreen protector allows complete control of your iPhone
Full access to ports and controls
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/wave3g

I will add any reviews of these cases I find after they are released. I have already ordered the "Nu Form" case and will post my experiences. Feel free to point out errors, I am only human. I hope this helps!

- Tytanius :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
My Nu Form case has shipped and is expected to arrive on Thursday. I will post pictures and a brief review of what I can say before I actually test it with the iPhone.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
My Nu Form case has shipped and is expected to arrive on Thursday. I will post pictures and a brief review of what I can say before I actually test it with the iPhone.
yep my elan form shipped and should be comming tomorrow also. i will do the same and post pics and a mini review too. thanks for the code btw

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
I have pictures of the case to show but unfortunately my AT&T store was out of stock and I must wait until Monday(at the latest).

Case seems solid and I like the screen protector it comes with, it's very smooth to side your finger on.

I have an Invisible Shield and love it to death on my HTC Shadow but it isn't easy to slide your finger on so I think I will like the Griffin one that comes free better(non adhesive).

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
I have pictures of the case to show but unfortunately my AT&T store was out of stock and I must wait until Monday(at the latest).

Case seems solid and I like the screen protector it comes with, it's very smooth to side your finger on.

I have an Invisible Shield and love it to death on my HTC Shadow but it isn't easy to slide your finger on so I think I will like the Griffin one that comes free better(non adhesive).
dude the griffen cases you and i got are a TIGHT fit. once you put it on its so hard to take off my sister got the same one you got and she cant even put the screen protector it comes with on because its so tight it just bends it upwards and doesn't fit perfectly. it seems that they just made the cases off the specs sent out by Apple and didn't even test them with real iPhone 3gs. im afraid of scratching my iPhone because i have to pull SO hard just to get the case slid off. the screen protector it comes with sucks because it doesn't stick to the screen at all it just sits on top of the screen when you slide the case together which owuld be find but dust gets under it easily and it bugs me so im just gonna buy the static cling ones that Apple sells.

Tytanius

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Philly, PA
Well I have my Nu Form on and it works great, its a tight fit but it slides on pretty easy and doesn't scratch at all. The screen protector does suck but otherwise I am happy with my purchase. I would give it a 9/10. I will post pictures when I get home but I am glad I got the case and would recommend it.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
it seems that after a while the case like "breaks in" and fits better and comes off more smoothly. i like mine now. don't like the screen protector because dust gets in between it so i brought the static cling one that should be coming friday so i should be good.

Jjames

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
I also ordered Nu Form and I don't like it at all. The screen protector is really suck. The fit is not so perfect, screen protector can move around when the case fully installed. The bottom part seem to come out of iPhone too easy in case of drop. I got on lint and dust inside of iPhone which will scratch iPhone after a while. And one you got a bit of water in between screen protector and iPhone screen, the sensitivity of touch screen will get less. One more thing they require 20% restocking fee in case of RMA/return and I might have to pay to ship it back.:(

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
hmm...
I did like the nu form... by looking at the picture, on top of it, I like the bottom part can take out easily so I can easily dock to my alarm speaker.

with one positive and one negative review, i'm very debating if i should get it... (since I've already ordered another case that bottom part can't be removed before I found out about nu form)

badboy08

Jun 23, 2008
well, they all seems ordinary, not what i want.

i just want an unique case for my baby iPhone, but when I google “iPhone 3g cases”, only several suppliers are available(of course including Griffin)! Here is a no-name one....

cheap but it’s not enough, you know. I need more choices to get a real unique case…….

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
i am using the griffin elan until something better im waiting on comes out (read:: seidio innocase II)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just got my Griffin Wave case and I feel torn. While I like the hard/soft feel of the case, it just doesn't feel like it fits exactly right. I guess since it is a little soft it takes time to "meld" with your iPhone.
It's also hard to put on & off.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
The Wave case is growing one me. It's pain to put on and take off. But, I like the non-glossy feel yet it's not as soft as silicone. I also like the fact that I can still see the white backing but it's not too bright.

I liked my Agent 18 ClearShield but I'm liking this cheaper Wave case.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Just got mine yesterday in the Apple store. Good fit, good feel. Through out the crappy screen protector and put on an Apple crystal. Nice combination. Time will tell

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Just got mine yesterday in the Apple store. Good fit, good feel. Through out the crappy screen protector and put on an Apple crystal. Nice combination. Time will tell
Yeah I'm not using the hard screen protector either and got the crystals from Apple. The v1 users who saw my case really like the feels of the wave case. I like the fact that it feels soft but doesn't pick up lint and feel gooey in the pocket.