Griffin PowerJolt SE question

IndyBlues

Jul 29, 2008
I recently purchased the Griffin PowerJolt SE from the same AT&T store I purchased my 3G. They said it worked with the new 3G's, even though it wasn't labeled as such. Even the ad here in the banner for this site says it's for the 3G.

Well, it seems to charge my phone with no problems so far, and I love the low profile look, and coiled cord,....however, the light never changes color from red to amber to green, during the charging process.

For other owners of this charger, does yours work the way it is supposed to on the 3G, or do you only get the red light?

Curious, because it may just be a faulty charger, and I can return it for an exchange.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have only ever seen my charger as the red/amber color. It may be because I haven't looked at the indicator while the phone is charging. Does the color relate to battery power? I will look at mine tomorrow to see if the colors do in fact change.

IndyBlues

Jul 29, 2008
I have only ever seen my charger as the red/amber color. It may be because I haven't looked at the indicator while the phone is charging. Does the color relate to battery power? I will look at mine tomorrow to see if the colors do in fact change.
From the instructions that come with it, and the propaganda I've read on the internet, the color changes as it powers up. Red when battery is low, amber as it's charging, and green when it's fully charged. It's no bid deal, I just want to make sure mine isn't faulty.
Thanks for checking yours.
Let me know,
Mike

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I checked mine while riding in the car earlier and the colors DO in fact change. The color went from red (phone not plugged in) to amber (charging) to green (charged). If yours is functioning perfectly (other than the lights) then I would just hold onto it unless you happen to be visiting an AT&T store for another reason.

IndyBlues

Jul 29, 2008
Thanks for the update. I kept the box and receipt in the car, so next time I pass buy AT&T, I'll exchange it.
Appreciate the help.
Mike