Griffin Wave Case

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i like the design... but i've grown tired of cases making my iPhone feel bloated.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think I saw this case on iLounge. I am also interested in any reviews or pics! I think the little wave design looks sharp.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
i like the design... but i've grown tired of cases making my iPhone feel bloated.
I tend to agree, but I can't get away from the sickening feeling that one day I am going to drop this thing. A case will help to reduce or eliminate that possibility.

The phone by itself is just way, way too slippery.

I've owned the thing since iDay and haven't dropped it yet. Knock on wood.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
I think I saw this case on iLounge. I am also interested in any reviews or pics! I think the little wave design looks sharp.
Indeed. And, it is slightly transparent, so you can actually see the phone through the case. I like that!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Indeed. And, it is slightly transparent, so you can actually see the phone through the case. I like that!
Me, too. I am planning on giving my husband my iPhone when I get v2. This may be a good case for him. Did you buy it?

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Me, too. I am planning on giving my husband my iPhone when I get v2. This may be a good case for him. Did you buy it?
Not yet. And since no else seems to have purchased it either, I guess I'll be the guinea pig.

I'll let you know what I think of it, and post some pictures when I get the thing.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I tend to agree, but I can't get away from the sickening feeling that one day I am going to drop this thing. A case will help to reduce or eliminate that possibility.

The phone by itself is just way, way too slippery.

I've owned the thing since iDay and haven't dropped it yet. Knock on wood.
WOW. You must be a precise person. I'm a klutz and have dropped mine numerous times, now. Once with a case which was open at the top and did leave damage on my phone. Just be sure to get a case like this one that is fully enclosed. I don't mind a little 'bloating' of my phone with a case since it helps me grip the phone when texting or emailing. I hope yours works for you. :)

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
WOW. You must be a precise person. I'm a klutz and have dropped mine numerous times, now. Once with a case which was open at the top and did leave damage on my phone. Just be sure to get a case like this one that is fully enclosed. I don't mind a little 'bloating' of my phone with a case since it helps me grip the phone when texting or emailing. I hope yours works for you. :)
I do tend to be pretty precise--although I think a better word for it is asininely anal. :laugh2:

Really, I think what it comes down to is that I saved for six months to purchase this dang phone. No way was I going to put it on a credit card. So I saved, and I saved. I see the value in it because of how hard I worked to obtain it. So, I just tend to be overly careful. :)

Panth

Jan 30, 2008
I ordered this case on memorial day and i just recently got it. I bought the white and blue 2 pack and got $7 off because of a memorial day sale. The case is great. It has this nice grippy surface but not to grippy. It's very snug around the phone and the locking mechanism works great. The case also looks amazing and comes with a good screen protector.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
I ordered this case on memorial day and i just recently got it. I bought the white and blue 2 pack and got $7 off because of a memorial day sale. The case is great. It has this nice grippy surface but not to grippy. It's very snug around the phone and the locking mechanism works great. The case also looks amazing and comes with a good screen protector.
Thank you for the info.

Is the case easy to remove? I am using an InCase Slider now, and I like to take the phone out of it every night to clean and charge it. Does the Wave case remove easily for this purpose, or is it a challenge to get it off the phone?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Can you post some pics?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
really cool looking case... i might check it out if i decide to stick with my v1 iPhone.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow. Thats a rather cool and interesting looking case.