Group Contact List in Outlook to iPhone

Apr 27, 2008
TEXAS
Is it possible to get a created distribution list in Outlook to iPhone?

Or create a distrib list on iPhone contact list?

When I sync NO created groups go over so not sure if I'm doing something wrong or a limitation or another way around it?

TIA

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I created a group in MM and it synced it to the iPhone. However I have not found out a way to select all members in the group at one time.
Tg

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Right now there is no logical or senseable way to do it. However I need to use these list and found a way:

Send an email to your contacts (group list) including yourself. When you receive the email click on the "reply all" choice. Delete the content of the orginal email. You will now see all the contact names in the "send to". I am using outlook 2003 and after I did this I dragged this templet into the drafts file and use it as a templet every time I send out a group email.

Sounds a bit like the stone age, but that is all I am working with for now.

PS: You would think the brain trust of Apple and Microsoft would make such a basic tool that they both have been using for years possible on the iPhone with Outlook sync.

Apr 27, 2008
TEXAS
Right now there is no logical or senseable way to do it. However I need to use these list and found a way:

Send an email to your contacts (group list) including yourself. When you receive the email click on the "reply all" choice. Delete the content of the orginal email. You will now see all the contact names in the "send to". I am using outlook 2003 and after I did this I dragged this templet into the drafts file and use it as a templet every time I send out a group email.

Sounds a bit like the stone age, but that is all I am working with for now.

PS: You would think the brain trust of Apple and Microsoft would make such a basic tool that they both have been using for years possible on the iPhone with Outlook sync.
Great idea...funny I never thought of that way...Thx so much!

yes they are idiots in many ways! LOL

Feb 9, 2011
Newcastle upon tyne
A better way now

Sorry for replying on an old post, but there are better ways to do this now that will help people searching for answers on this problem.

MailShot, on the App Store, lets you create single contacts for a whole group of people that you can use anywhere on your iPhone, its like distribution lists were built into your phone. Check it out on http://www.iTunes.com/apps/mailshot

Peter

Feb 9, 2011
Newcastle upon tyne
Hi "Napoleon",

I always associate my username with the work I'm doing, as thats the most specific way of showing who I am and what I'm connected to (and its never already taken :). When I ran a games studio for 2K Games for a few years called Venom Games, I often used "VenomPeter". Since I set up Soluble Apps as an indie studio, it's usually SolublePeter.

The idea of the name Soluble is as a pun on "able to be solved", or making a solution (we use a tagline on the website of "Dissolving Problems")

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Thanks for the info, Peter.

Unfortunately, I had to remove your signature link. Developers are allowed to announce applications in our iPhone App Announcement forum. Thanks for understanding.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I'll give it a shot :D

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

TernTek

Oct 12, 2010
iTunes allows you to sync outlook folders as iPhone groups. Once you have these groups on your iPhone you can use a number of free or paid apps to send group emails. Unfortunately iTunes is not able to sync outlook categories.

Our app "Tacts" is a comprehensive contact manager that can also send group text and email. It is also free if you like to try.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
iTunes allows you to sync outlook folders as iPhone groups. Once you have these groups on your iPhone you can use a number of free or paid apps to send group emails. Unfortunately iTunes is not able to sync outlook categories.

Our app "Tacts" is a comprehensive contact manager that can also send group text and email. It is also free if you like to try.
Please don't spam our forums. You may introduce new apps in our iPhone App Announcements forum. Thanks.