group text to different numbers

1. j.a.s.o.n.

j.a.s.o.n. New Member

i got a text this aftertnoon and had no clue what i'm supposed to think......first thing is that i have like 4 or 5 numbers in my phone.........iPhone 5.........i still have to take my 3g iPhone to att and have all of my numbers transfered over.............i got a text today that said it was a "Group Mms"........the message was to a different number and not mine............i looked at the details and it had six other numbers and none of them were mine..........since i haven't got any of my numbers moved to my iPhone 5 yet, i have no idea whose numbers their are................that is not the big deal......why can't i see my number as one of the numbers the text went out to

2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius Gold

Apple assumes that since it arrived on your device you would know what your number is.
    It doesn't show your number on a normal one on one text message.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius Gold

You know you can transfer all your contacts over from your old iPhone to your iPhone 5 yourself, right? There's no need to go to an AT&T store, unless you really want to. Just enable iCloud on both devices, using the same iCloud account name on both, and all your contacts will transfer instantly to your new phone.

If your immediate concern is who that group MMS came from, just reply "WHO THE HELL IS THIS?" in all caps. What's the worse that can happen?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

5. Disneymom2003

Disneymom2003 Member Bronze

Do you recognize any other numbers?

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius Gold

The OP has stated that "since i haven't got any of my numbers moved to my iPhone 5 yet, i have no idea whose numbers their [sic] are................"

I don't think the OP realizes that if he were to input those other numbers into his old iPhone (where the contacts are) on the dial pad, one by one, the name associated with the number, if stored in his contacts, would show up on the dialing screen as soon as the last digit is inputed, even before hitting "call."

7. j.a.s.o.n.

j.a.s.o.n. New Member

well no shi* rafagon..i know how easy it is.....don't talk to me like i'm some freakin dumbass.............i worked for att wireless for 4 years.............i have to take my phone to att and have the numbers transfered over cause my old iPhone is broke.....it needs a new charging port.............the phone is dead and i can't charge it....u give the obvious solution that maybe someone like a little kid wouldn't think of........does it make u feel better to have to comment on something and make that person feel like a complete ******* when thay ask a question........your A WASTE OF SPACE......grow up.........your so pathetic that u had to actually comment again with something negative...........your THE BIGGEST DOUCHE!

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius Gold

Wow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator Moderator

I suggest you choose your next words wisely or your stay at everythingicafe will come to an abrupt end.

We/I do not tolerate an aggressive attitude towards a member of eiC.

Rafagon hasn't done anything to deserve a response like the one you've given. Please be pleasant from now on.

• Like Like x 4