GSM noises

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
Has any one notice this some times? I hear the little noises and then look over the phone and see it woke up some how but with no txt,phone call, or email.

Any way i can eliminate those little noises?

Thanks EIC

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Have you done a reboot on the phone after hearing the noises to see if maybe there is something running in the background that is causing the phone to wake up periodically? I have never had the phone wake itself up but my PDA used to do that if I had a program running in the background such as games, etc..

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
There has been threads talking about this very thing. The screen will come on for a second. then there is nothing there.

The cause is somtimes it is the phone checking for emails, and sometimes it does that.

I see it about once a month. I'm due for one anyday now.:)

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
Yup that's happened to me a few times. I thought it got a txt, mail or call but I didn't. It doesn't really bother me :/

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I only notice it in the car where I've got it hooked up via a headphone adapter and a short cord to plug it into the aux input minijack. Haven't noticed it with the included headset, and I never use the dock anyway. Haven't even unwrapped it.

My guess is something unshielded is picking it up, because I never hear it in the headset, even while I'm using it actively.