Guess Why Apple Store on 5th Ave was Packed st Night at 1:00 AM

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by richardya, Oct 6, 2013.

1. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

Man oh man,

So I am at dinner last night with friends and my phone is suddenly in activation mode. WTH. So I try restoring via iCloud but get weird message after weird message. SIM issue, activation server, just rejected etc,

After dinner I go home and try to restore via iTunes. The phone session is expired. OK I try a restore but it says I need to turn off "find my phone" on the device. I did not try a DFU and I could not erase phone because setting was obviously inaccessible.

Anyway, the genius appointments were all taken until the next day but my mobile is my only phone. So head over to the star, and its full, but the genius area is packed, and they have guys screaming "Anyone with activation issues over here."

Anyway, when IOS7 went live, the release version did not replace the beta, and the beta expired last night.
    Pretty funny crowd was there.

I wonder if a DFU would have worked, I didn't catch what they guy did on the store machine because I was having too much fun talking to the other clowns who had this issue.

2. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

See? Another good excuse to talk to people face to face. Love it. :D

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

This is why you update your OS on a timely basis. I take it you were on 6.0.0.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It looks like he was on the 7.0 beta. The beta expired today. It's the developer's/beta tester's responsibility to update to 7.0 GM or an official public release 7.x by the deadline or the phone or the phone will be disabled. It sounds like several people in the Apple store failed to update by the deadline as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

People were still running the beta?!

7. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

Yes, I did not realize the final beta was different from the official version. It may have been the same software but not "signed" the same, and expired. I am not sure *signed" is the proper term. I used to get a message that 7.0 was update when checking for updates even though we were on 7.0.2

Its actually interesting to see if there were any differences