[Guide] Downgrade from 9.3.4 to 9.3.3 without losing data

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Hey all,

I just did this yesterday with my iPhone SE yesterday and it seems to have worked flawlessly. Seeing as there's no major changes between 9.3.3 and 9.3.4 aside from the jailbreak patch, chances are this will work for you, too. I have not personally noticed any ill-effects of doing this OS-wise and my data remained intact.

Please note that you are always responsible for backing up your own data before you proceed!

Also note that this guide will only work until Apple stops signing the 9.3.3 firmware. As of this post, this is still working.

So here you are, quick step-by-step guide:
1) Go to http://ispw.me/ and download the relevant ISPW file for your device on firmware 9.3.3 to your desktop (for easy access)
2) Once downloaded, open iTunes and connect your iOS device
3) Go to your iOS device page within iTunes and locate the "Update" button.
4) Once you've located the "Update" button, press and hold Shift (Windows) or Option (Mac) and click the "Update" button. This will open a window that will allow you to browse for the ISPW you just downloaded. Select it.
5) Sit back and watch iTunes "update" your iOS device from 9.3.4 to 9.3.3. It will take several minutes and your device will reboot a few times.
6) After a couple of reboots, your iOS device will ask you to "Slide to upgrade". Do that, enter your passcode, and then let it do it's thing for another minute or two.
7) You should now be at your lock screen. Unlock your device and go to Settings > General > About, and confirm you are on 9.3.3.
8) Enjoy using 9.3.3 with all your data still intact, so no need to waste time restoring a backup or downloading all your content again!
9) You can now jailbreak with Pangu on 9.3.3 successfully.

Enjoy!

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I'm surprised that more people don't know about the update technique.
I have always thought you had to restore to revert back to a previous version of iOS that was still being signed. This knowledge would have been handy a couple of updates ago when I lost the ability to trick iOS into removing animations. Oh well, now I know.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I have always thought you had to restore to revert back to a previous version of iOS that was still being signed. This knowledge would have been handy a couple of updates ago when I lost the ability to trick iOS into removing animations. Oh well, now I know.
Updating versus restoring used to mean something when jailbreaking, but Mindi and I have updated and jailbroken with no ill effects. Restoring supposedly gives you a cleaner start as far as old data still being kept on the phone.