Guide for Selling iPhone on eBay

Twitchthroe

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Clarkston, MI
So I'm thinking of selling my Jailbroken V1 iPhone on Ebay in the next couple of days and I was wondering what exactly I need to do to make sure everything on the phone is erased and such.

I think I've pretty much got it figured out but I just wanted to check with you guys and make sure I have it right. Do I just need to go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings, then pop out my SIM Card and I'm good to go? Will the phone still be jailbroken and just be cleared from all my info?

If there is anything else I need to know about prepping for the sale please let me know. Thank you. :laugh2:

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
I sold my V1 iPhone on ebay about 2 weeks ago, it was jailbroken & unlocked. All I did was reset all settings, then went through each icon to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Then I took my SIM card out and boxed it all up. I think you have the right idea. Make sure you take good pics of your phone.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Sounds like you pretty much have it. The erase procedure will take about an hour to do. It does put virgin firmware back on the phone and I know little about jailbreaking, so I don't know if it will still be or not. But someone here will know.