GUIDE: How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G Using Pwnage 2.0

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Here is a step by step guide on how to jailbreak 2.0 for those who may need help.

**These Instructions Are For MAC Only.**

Last edited by a moderator:

ChArLiE713

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Is this only for the Mac? If so, what can I use for a PC? I have a g1 iPhone

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Word on the street is PC users can download a pwnd ipsw and do the upgrade through the previous version of winpwn if they 1) are still on 1.1.4 and 2) have pwnd before.

I'm on a mac, so yeh, I'm already on 2.0 jb :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm on a mac, so yeh, I'm already on 2.0 jb :)
Is there any way you know of to keep abreast of 2.0JB recodes as they come out? I'm obviously looking for a few key players to make the jump before I dive into it.

itsnowornever

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
Cali Baby!
Hmmmm...love the guide...easy enough....and great pics!

Now---question, when this comes out for PC is it going to be the same steps?

One more question-- Once I have that done, do I them load that summer thing so I can get themes?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Is there any way you know of to keep abreast of 2.0JB recodes as they come out? I'm obviously looking for a few key players to make the jump before I dive into it.
For the most part, I was visiting the Dev Team's unofficial blog a few times a day over at http://blog.iphone-dev.org . For updates to their app, I just enabled Auto Update when prompted the first time I launched Pwnage.

As far as other builds are concerned, i.e. ZiPhone or something by GeoHotz, I just check the usual places, mmi, jaib, and ia.

Pwnage is pretty simple, and since its done through iTunes, its probably going to be my only means for a JB.

Theres no word yet on a WinPwn version, if you're on PC (I don't recall), but people have been finding ways around that with a precompiled custom firmware and the older version of winpwn.

On a side note, you're not missing anything. After having a go with this a few times, the only thing I have to say for it all is my NES back. That probably wont be much reason for most people to jump ship and JB just yet, but for me its one of my most frequented apps, so I found the risk worth it for now.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Thanks, 999, but I meant is anyone keeping track of which apps in installer/cydia are 2.0-compatible now?

Iphone777

Oct 1, 2007
can anyone post a custom 3g ipsw made from PwnageTool 2.0 with the activate box unchecked in expert options? Would be much appreciated since I cannot get this tool to run on my mac...Thanks again!

princess_80854

Silver
Jul 16, 2007
Hmmmm...love the guide...easy enough....and great pics!

Now---question, when this comes out for PC is it going to be the same steps?

One more question-- Once I have that done, do I them load that summer thing so I can get themes?
Summerboard isn't available on the 2.0 firmware, yet.

There is a guide posted by another member HERE that tells how to use pwnage on your PC. Use at your own risk. Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator: