Guide to use iPhone SIM Fre on V1.1.1?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Yeah, i gave in and gave my money to ISPF!

Anyone have a detailed step by step guide on how to use v1.6 on the latest firmware? :eek:

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
I guess just follow the guide that Tinman posted to jaibreak your phone and just upload the SimFree.app to get it working.

I used their program when I downgraded mine to 1.0.2 and it carries over when I upgrade, just need to use one of the activation program (iAsign) to get my other sim card to work again.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I'm in the same situation. I have firmware 1.1.1 and just bought iPhonesimfree, and I went to unshackle my phone and it doesn't give me an option to unshackle 1.1.1. I'm still new to the unlock world and the above response doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I'm also leaving tonight for a 10 businesss trip in China and would like to be able to use my phone.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I'm in the same situation. I have firmware 1.1.1 and just bought iPhonesimfree, and I went to unshackle my phone and it doesn't give me an option to unshackle 1.1.1. I'm still new to the unlock world and the above response doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I'm also leaving tonight for a 10 businesss trip in China and would like to be able to use my phone.
I'd just unlock to v1.02 for now mate, thats what i've done :)