Guitar?

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Just wondering who all plays guitar and what kind of guitar/music you play?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
<=====Raises his paw.

I've been playing for 36 years now. Mostly I just play acoustic rock stuff from the 60s and 70s. I do like some country stuff, but mostly older standards from Hank Jr., Keith Whitley, and Alan Jackson. We're coming up on my favorite day of the year. I always play on the last day and invite my students that play to bring their guitars. It's turned into a pretty big event now with even kids that I taught previously coming by on the last day to visit and sing a few songs.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
<=====Raises his paw.

I've been playing for 36 years now. Mostly I just play acoustic rock stuff from the 60s and 70s. I do like some country stuff, but mostly older standards from Hank Jr., Keith Whitney, and Alan Jackson. We're coming up on my favorite day of the year. I always play on the last day and invite my students that play to bring their guitars. It's turned into a pretty big event now with even kids that I taught previously coming by on the last day to visit and sing a few songs.
Thats awesome i hope i will play that long...i have played for about 3 years now. thats reall cool that you have that guitar day because i remember i had a semester long guitar class and that was really what got me started. so im sure youve inspired a lot of people to start.

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
i can play "Smoke on Water" and "Blister In the Sun", although i often confuse the two. for anyone reading this thread that does play and is looking for inspiration, i recommend anything by Marc Ribot or Jim O'Rourke, both absolute geniuses at what they do.

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
I recently learned Heart Shaped Box.

but, I can play:
Let it be
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
A Day In The Life
doesn't Remind Me
All Apologies.

I am going to get a brownish reddish EpiPhone Special 2.

I put it on hold at the store.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
I recently learned Heart Shaped Box.

but, I can play:
Let it be
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
A Day In The Life
doesn't Remind Me
All Apologies.

I am going to get a brownish reddish EpiPhone Special 2.

I put it on hold at the store.
nice so you finally decided between fender and gibson? what made you choose?

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
the sexiness of that one...

and because I like the way it sounds and the weight is just perfect...

I'll put up a picture later..

but I can't get it until June. :(

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I play. If you give me enough time, I can learn to play just about anything. But no Country. At all.

- John

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
I play. If you give me enough time, I can learn to play just about anything. But no Country. At all.

- John
Ya same as me...not a big fan of country...i just started to like learning a lot of fingerpicking songs....some john mayer?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
country has its moments. just like everything else, there's good country and bad country. Chet Atkins, for instance, is f'n amazing.

I've been playing for ~10 years now. Went to music school for 2 years, which completely stressed me out, so i went into computer science. Anyway, my musical interests range from 70's jazz-rock, to prog rock, to cheesy piano pop... and also some electronic influences.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i play guitar (but haven't played too much recently)

i have an ESP M-200FM pic

i play mostly metal
influences: as i lay dying, august burns red, destroy the runner, killswitch engage, etc

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, if we're posting pics...

my babies...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Goody! Eye-candy!

Collings D-42

Martin HD-28

Last edited by a moderator:

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
American Telcaster HS and EpiPhone Firebird VII.............love both of them so much

Last edited by a moderator:

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
idk, I just don't like the telecaster, I'm not dissing you, I just think that a stratocaster looks better... but that's just me.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Ok sorry i just took offense...im really protective over it...i really overall could care less what it looks like but if you hear what that sounds like it will amaze you..one of my good friends has an american stratocaster and there is a big difference in sound, enough to sacrifice looks(which i think it doesn't). Not really a fan of Les pauls or SGs the firebird was the first epiPhone/gibson i have really ever liked

darklight

Mar 23, 2008
Boston.
ooohhhh I bet you thought ibwas referring to your tele!

no, man, yours is actually one of the few decent ones ive seen.

I don't like the new telecaster, when I get the computer, I'll show you what I mean.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
ooohhhh I bet you thought ibwas referring to your tele!

no, man, yours is actually one of the few decent ones ive seen.

I don't like the new telecaster, when I get the computer, I'll show you what I mean.
Ohhh ok i though you were just saying mine was ugly. i was like wtf.....ya i chose this because the other teles sound best with country but with this humbucker it sounds great with classic rock...sorry for flippin out i thought you were taking shots at mine, and thanks for the compliment