Guns

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Here's my 9mm SIG Sauer P229 Elite. I've put over 3,000 rounds through it since I got it last year. It has a short reset trigger with a 4-lb SA triggle pull and 10-lb DA pull, Hogue extreme G-10 grips, 3.9" barrel and Tritium night sights. I added a TLR-4 LED flashlight with laser, which I absolutely love have found to be amazingly accurate.

s2.jpg

s1.jpg

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Here's my 9mm SIG Sauer P229 Elite. I've put over 3,000 rounds through it since I got it last year. It has a short reset trigger with a 4-lb SA triggle pull and 10-lb DA pull, Hogue extreme G-10 grips, 3.9" barrel and Tritium night sights. I added a TLR-4 LED flashlight with laser, which I absolutely love have found to be amazingly accurate.

View attachment 37905

View attachment 37904
Now you guys know why I'm always on my best behavior when I visit Europa.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Looking good y'all! I've been working on my small collection for few short years now.

It all started when I decided to get my CHL a few years ago and I decided on the M&P 9c. Here it is with the Apex aluminum trigger, Duty/Carry Action Enhancement Kit (internal) and TRUGLO TFO night sights.

9c.jpeg

You can't see the sights in that pic, so here are some in low light, no light, and full daylight respectively.

nsll.PNG nsnl.PNG nsdl.PNG

Rounding out the handgun collection are the Kahr CM9, Ruger LCR .38 Special, and the new M&P Shield 9mm.

IMG_2135.JPG

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
My first long gun was my Rock River Arms AR-15. Here it is with a new rail, flip up sights, and an Aimpoint reflex sight.

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

Did I mention I was a lefty? That's one main reason I went with an M&P for my first handgun: Ambi slide lock and reversible mag release. You might have noticed the ejection port on that AR is on the left side, well, it's a dedicated lefty gun right down to the 9:1 barrel twist, lol. So when it came time to choose a shotgun it was only natural that I went with a Mossberg. 12 Gauge 500 that is.

M500.JPG

Of course no collection would be complete without a .22, so I had to get a Ruger 10-22 and set it up with a Hogue stock and a scope.

10-22.PNG

And finally a family pic of the long guns for good measure :)

IMG_2136.JPG

Last edited:

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.

View attachment 37905

View attachment 37904
Very nice weapon Europa! How you like it? I like that FDE/Tan color :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
My Calico Liberty III purchased when Calico was manufacturing them in Bakersfield, CA.
Good to know something useful came out of Bakersfield for a change. ;)

*Disclaimer* I lived in Bako from 7th grade until a couple years after I graduated high school (West High Vikings of '87 Rule!)

What's going on with that VTAC M&P? What's that Sig contraption all about? Does it extend the barrel?
It's wild, you put the strap around your arm and its spring loaded so when you draw away from you it keeps you the tension keeps you completely still. Now the part that slides onto the gun fits any railed handgun and basically turns it into a carbine shooting experience. You can add any kind of scope you want to it and fold out stocks. My buddy owns a gun store and always brings something off the wall with him.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I hate reading this thread. Y'all make me want to run out and buy. My itch lately has been for a 1911 .45. I've no desire to spend the $1000 for one of the more top of the line, but I have been reading some good things about the Rock Island models.

My daughter and I are going to enter into a parent/child rifle league soon. But we haven't had time to get the range lately. Absolutely great times teaching her. She loves it. We got her a Marlin 795 and I put tech sights on it recently, but we haven't had time to sight them in yet. I have my Pop's trusty Marlin 60. It is accurate enough without me putting any sights on it. I doubt we are going to tear up the league the first time out, but should be fun.

I hate reading this thread. Y'all make me want to run out and buy. My itch lately has been for a 1911 .45. I've no desire to spend the $1000 for one of the more top of the line, but I have been reading some good things about the Rock Island models.

My daughter and I are going to enter into a parent/child rifle league soon. But we haven't had time to get the range lately. Absolutely great times teaching her. She loves it. We got her a Marlin 795 and I put tech sights on it recently, but we haven't had time to sight them in yet. I have my Pop's trusty Marlin 60. It is accurate enough without me putting any sights on it. I doubt we are going to tear up the league the first time out, but should be fun.
I have a rock island tac 2 compact in .45 1911. I 100000% suggest it! I have a decent hand gun collection including some $1000 1911's and by far my favorite out of all of 1911's is my rock island. Amazing customer service and lifetime warranty. Best part is if you do have the rare need to send it in for service they send it back with a bunch of upgrades for the troubles. I polished my feed Ramps on mine and it will eat anything even reloads and steel with zero issues.. Can't say the kimber will do that..

That's awesome about you and your daughter. I plan on getting mine a .22 rifle this Christmas. Teaching them Fire arm safety and how to properly shoot at a young age is the best! Plus I figure when mine turns 16-17 what better "boy" deterrent then a girl who can shoot accurately at 200 yards!

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
It's wild, you put the strap around your arm and its spring loaded so when you draw away from you it keeps you the tension keeps you completely still. Now the part that slides onto the gun fits any railed handgun and basically turns it into a carbine shooting experience. You can add any kind of scope you want to it and fold out stocks. My buddy owns a gun store and always brings something off the wall with him.
That sounds interesting.

We got her a Marlin 795 and I put tech sights on it recently, but we haven't had time to sight them in yet.
I had Tech Sights on my 10-22 for a short time. I liked them and they worked great, but I ended up installing a scope so I took the sights off. Maybe I need to get a 10-22 Takedown so I can use those sights again. :D

I just picked up a Primary Arms 3X Magnifier to go behind the Aimpoint red dot on the AR. It has pretty decent reviews and at about 1/4 the price of the Aimpoint magnifier. I ended up spending more $ on the mount than the magnifier itself. The LaRue QD "flip to side" pivot mount is supposed to be THE mount for this application. This is approximately what it will look like, I'll post some pics when the mount is delivered and I get it installed.

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 14.06.22.png