Guns

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Never looked at a 1911. I had a Glock 19, 4th Gen and traded it in and bought the M&P Shield. Not sure why exactly; maybe for better concealment.

Anyway, I'll look at the 1911, see what it's all about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Oh and the question is 9mm or .45 caliber? I know the .45 cost more, but...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I'm clearly a visual person. To me, I prefer the matte black look of an M&P Shield or Glock 19. The 1911 looks okay, but the handle always throws me off. The only other gun that is not matte black that I could swing towards, would be a Desert Eagle. But, that gun is simply MASSIVE!

My missus bought a .38 Special Smith & Wesson a few months ago. She's yet to take it to the range. Maybe we'll visit the range in a few weeks. The .38 looks nice, but, just isn't for me.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I have a CCW license, yet, I often don't carry my gun with me. Curious, do you, You, or YOU, carry your gun to work, too (obviously leaving it in the car or something)?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I've not been to the range in ages! I have an M&P Shield 9mm. But, I'm also looking to get something else, not sure why.
Maybe because you want a little more capacity, or something that feels a bit more substantial in your hand? If you like the M&P Shield look at the M&P 9c (compact) and/or the M&P 9 Full Size. The 9c was my first gun and my first CCW. I later got the Shield in 9mm for its enhanced ease of concealment and it's similarity (same manual of arms) as the 9c. The benefits of the 9c is that it's also relatively easy to conceal, it has a 12 round magazine capacity (compared to the 7-8 round capacity of the Shield) and it accepts the 17 round full size magazines.

I have a CCW license, yet, I often don't carry my gun with me. Curious, do you, You, or YOU, carry your gun to work, too (obviously leaving it in the car or something)?
I carry my 9c or Shield every time I leave my house, without fail. I work at a machine shop and am not allowed to carry there, but I lock my M&P in a lock box tethered to the passenger seat. It won't stop a determined thief with time on his/her hands, but they won't be able to just smash-n-grab and take my pistol.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I'm packing today, inside waist band holster and all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have a permit and don't carry everyday. I do carry when traveling or out late at night. I guess I don't feel I need it in the daytime on a normal routine.

Although it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
My wife and I are looking at cc options for her. I use a Springfield XDs in 9mm for mine. But she likes the 380. She has fired the Sig P238 and likes it. Also looking at the Colt Mustang XSP 380. Anyone have any experience with those?

My wife and I are looking at cc options for her. I use a Springfield XDs in 9mm for mine. But she likes the 380. She has fired the Sig P238 and likes it. Also looking at the Colt Mustang XSP 380. Anyone have any experience with those?
I've shot both and I like the mustang a bit better. Only cause I like the way it fits in my hands. Both are excellent performers though.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
I've shot both and I like the mustang a bit better. Only cause I like the way it fits in my hands. Both are excellent performers though.
Thanks! I am leaning towards the Sig because she has shot it and knows it works for her. I can't find anyone local that has a Colt we can shoot and I don't want to get one without her shooting it first.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks! I am leaning towards the Sig because she has shot it and knows it works for her. I can't find anyone local that has a Colt we can shoot and I don't want to get one without her shooting it first.
That would be a good choice. I love my Sig. I have a P229. I've had it for two years and have run over 3,000 rounds though it. I had a couple FTEs in the first 500 rounds, but since then it's been perfect. They are very reliable - that's why I chose a Sig.

That would be a good choice. I love my Sig. I have a P229. I've had it for two years and have run over 3,000 rounds though it. I had a couple FTEs in the first 500 rounds, but since then it's been perfect. They are very reliable - that's why I chose a Sig.
Sig does make some great guns. I've never had any issues with mine. I have the Sig 716 AR10 and it hasn't had one FTF or anything. I've put some crappy steel cased ammo down it also. Either way sig or colt they're both pretty reliable.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
After some searching, found a good deal on the Sig online and pulled the trigger! Found that Freedom Munitions has good prices on 380 ammo, too.