Guns

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Nice Hondamaker. Have you taken it to the range yet?

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
In my never ending search for the "right" holster, I am trying out a Sticky for my XDs.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
In my never ending search for the "right" holster, I am trying out a Sticky for my XDs.
I've never tried a Sticky, but I love my Remora holsters and have one for all my handguns. Same basic design and principle as the Sticky, if you're not familiar. I love the versatility.

How do you like it so far? Where do you typically carry? I'm a lefty so I usually carry at about 8 O'Clock or appendix carry at 11:30.

My most recent and favorite holster is for my M&P Shield, the AIWB Kilo by Squared Away Customs.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I've never tried a Sticky, but I love my Remora holsters and have one for all my handguns. Same basic design and principle as the Sticky, if you're not familiar. I love the versatility.

How do you like it so far? Where do you typically carry? I'm a lefty so I usually carry at about 8 O'Clock or appendix carry at 11:30.

My most recent and favorite holster is for my M&P Shield, the AIWB Kilo by Squared Away Customs.
I wouldn't think appendix carry would be too comfortable.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida

Like the comfort and convenience so far. But I am constantly concerned it is going to fall through. Guess I need to get over that and trust it. My father in law uses the Remora and loves it. I am right handed, but left eye dominant. However, I typically carry on my right side because I shoot pistols with either hand. Depending on what I am doing, I will appendix carry or carry at 4 O'clock. With a Sticky or Remora, shifting is quick and easy.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I wouldn't think appendix carry would be too comfortable.
It's surprisingly not bad at all, with the right holster. It depends a lot on the gun's size and the holster. I wouldn't try to appendix carry a G 17, but my sub-compact Shield is not an issue at all. YMMV

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
We picked up the Sig P238 380 for my wife. I know this is a good quality gun and the size is good, but I just can't make myself like shooting it. I mean, it wasn't meant for me I know, but when we go to the range, I just really don't like it. I guess I am just stuck on my XDs in 9mm.

I also put a bunch of rounds through my full frame XD9 this weekend. Love shooting that gun. Too bad it is too big for EDC.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We picked up the Sig P238 380 for my wife. I know this is a good quality gun and the size is good, but I just can't make myself like shooting it. I mean, it wasn't meant for me I know, but when we go to the range, I just really don't like it. I guess I am just stuck on my XDs in 9mm.

I also put a bunch of rounds through my full frame XD9 this weekend. Love shooting that gun. Too bad it is too big for EDC.
Hmm. Could be the small size and the trigger. How does she like it? Do you have any bigger SIGs with an SRT? They shoot really nice.

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1439340421.970891.jpg
One of my favorite things : Ed Brown Kobra Carry custom 1911. In my waistband right now. My carry is a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. LOVE THIS THREAD!

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Hmm. Could be the small size and the trigger. How does she like it? Do you have any bigger SIGs with an SRT? They shoot really nice.
I think it is the size. She loves it, which is the important thing. We don't have other Sigs. Just my Springfields - XD9 and XDs9.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
It is a shame there isn't a range close to where I live. Or a friend with a 'forest' for a backyard :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It is a shame there isn't a range close to where I live. Or a friend with a 'forest' for a backyard :)
I feel so lucky for having access to BLM land here in Utah. I live in a medium-sized city, but you can get to BLM land within a few miles of most places. Since we only have to drive ten minutes to shoot for free, my dad and I do target practice frequently. The other awesome thing about it is there aren't range rules out there, so we can do rapid fire, shoot cans, watermelons, bottles, etc. and fire the small canons that he machines.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I feel so lucky for having access to BLM land here in Utah. I live in a medium-sized city, but you can get to BLM land within a few miles of most places. Since we only have to drive ten minutes to shoot for free, my dad and I do target practice frequently. The other awesome thing about it is there aren't range rules out there, so we can do rapid fire, shoot cans, watermelons, bottles, etc. and fire the small canons that he machines.
Lucky duck :p

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
That would be awesome to have access to an area like that. I pay for a yearly membership to the local indoor range. They treat us pretty good, but it is $225 a year for both of us. However, there is something to be said for an indoor air conditioned range in Florida in the summer! :)

Rictur

Bronze
Feb 8, 2011
South Carolina
I'm lucky. Can shoot on my property. Love it. Heh. Picked up a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2. $199. Amazing pistol. I've put 300 rounds through it with zero issues. Also built an AR Pistol recently. Too much fun.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1439730471.679968.jpg
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1439730524.352267.jpg

You'll notice I got carried away with the paracord. Lol.

Mike