Guns

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Ruger sp101 is also one of the greatest revolvers of all time as far as in concerned. Any of the air weights will be a nice choice though. I like girls and guns lol. You sound really knowledgeable. Thats really comforting. Get a .357 and load some +P .38's up in it. Will do enough to stop whatever is happening. The grips on the shadow are really nice. Go buy some of the 3M safety walk and put it on one of your pistols. If you don't like it just pull it off. I wouldn't recommend such an elaborate job as I did on a carry gun due to the grippyness catching your clothes.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I just recently got this German semi-automatic pistol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P88

I don't know anything about guns and I have only shot it in the air. Is it strong? Its recoil is pretty good, doesn't bother me. I've also read that it has good accuracy but I have yet to find out. Does it?

EDIT: Do you guys see the thing that has red button? What is that? You can keep it up or you can move it down but I am not sure what difference it makes. I am guessing it has to do with locking the gun? Not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Nice piece Tarek. The red dot is for your safety. in the picture, the safety is off. rotate the lever above so it covers the dot and the gun should be with the safety on, and thr trigger should not fully operate the hammer to fire the weapon.
However, don't take my word for it. Clear the gun ( remove the magazine and any ammunition in the barrel) and then test away from anyone to verify that the safety works and how it works.
Its great you are reading up on it. I Pray to God that you will never need to point it at another human being, or go far enough to pull the trigger, but if you need to defend yourself or loved ones, don't hesitate either.
I hope that your country is getting past the worst of it now. Peace.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Thanks for your info and nice wishes. I sure hope I wouldn't have to pull the trigger on anyone or even anything for that matter. I took a bullet out of the magazine yesterday and was not able to put it back in lol. Is there a trick to doing it or something? And I don't want to force it down because I am afraid they would explode in my hand or something.

EDIT: I think I know how to do it now.

http://www.ehow.com/video_4435336_load-handgun-magazine.html

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well there is a slight trick to it, and yes, you do have to push down a little. What you do is with your non-dominant hand, wrap your hand around the magazine with your thumb over the top. use your thumb to push down on the top round. It's not going to sink very much at all. with your dominant hand, push down and slide back with the next round you want to load. you have to push down hard enough to get it under the "lips" towards the back of the magazine that hold the bullets in.

Jagged Toaster

Jun 23, 2010
Walther makes excellent guns, although I'm not that familiar with the P88. They make very reliable and accurate weapons. Hawk is right, that is the safety and it should work as he described. I assume it is chambered in 9mm, since u spoke of the recoil, that also is a good round.

I would advise to never shot a gun into the air at random. The laws of physics do apply to bullets, what ever goes up does come down. People have been killed before by someone shooting a gun into the air. Also, I would suggest never pointing a gun at a person unless u are going to shoot them. If u do not plan to shoot it than it is best to not bring it out and point it.

You have an awesome gun. Have fun target shooting and perhaps take some gun training lessons with it.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Toaster, I know you're a new member here, but Tarek lives in Egypt. His hand gun is definitely for defensive purposes right now. They have been dealing with looters and such during the past week. He was saying that he has shot into the air to scare away a thief, which if it works, great. better than putting a bullet into somone. Yes, what goes up must come down, but in this particular instance, it's preferable to shooting someone.

Jagged Toaster

Jun 23, 2010
I appreciate letting me know that he lives in Egypt, and yes things are a littl more volatile there. But is it better to shot in the air at night to scare off a looter and wake the next morning to find that because you took this action that a neighbor or some innocent person is dead because of a stray bullet. Do you know that a jacketed 9mm can go through 4 interior walls and can STILL be deadly.

Also if it was me, my family and I were endangered by looters I surely would be taking aim and firmly pulling the trigger

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I just recently got this German semi-automatic pistol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_P88

I don't know anything about guns and I have only shot it in the air. Is it strong? Its recoil is pretty good, doesn't bother me. I've also read that it has good accuracy but I have yet to find out. Does it?

EDIT: Do you guys see the thing that has red button? What is that? You can keep it up or you can move it down but I am not sure what difference it makes. I am guessing it has to do with locking the gun? Not sure.
Nice Walther, Tarek. Let's hope you'll never have to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Also if it was me, my family and I were endangered by looters I surely would be taking aim and firmly pulling the trigger

As would I. I recently took a Concealed Carry class and my application was approved so I go to the Sheriff's office Monday to pick up my license. Giddy up.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yeehaw... [=
Are you insinuating you believe me to be a hillbilly or a redneck? If so I'll have you know that I am neither, nor do I hunt, chew, or watch NASCAR.
There are over 250,000 people in Ohio with CCW licenses, all of whom had to have a background check through the Ohio BCI.

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
Are you insinuating you believe me to be a hillbilly or a redneck? If so I'll have you know that I am neither, nor do I hunt, chew, or watch NASCAR.
Lol, no. I actually meant yeehaw. My mascot in high school was a hillbilly, if that tells you anything. And I don't hunt, chew, or watch NASCAR, either. [=

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
As would I. I recently took a Concealed Carry class and my application was approved so I go to the Sheriff's office Monday to pick up my license. Giddy up.
I am glad Ohio makes you take a course to get your carry and conceal permit. Here in Georgia, all you have to do is have a clean criminal record, fill out the form correctly, and they mail you your card a couple weeks later.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
CCW and what is it down there, the 2nd, is such a strange POV that I think is unique to the US and nations in active local conflict like say, Israel.

I've enjoyed hunting and target shooting with rifles, pistols and shotguns. Three uncles in the USAF but definitely glad arms aren't as wide spread in Canada. And not like I'm naive to the 30%+ per capita ownership we have up here but still it's a different world compared what you guys have.

What's your statistics on injury by firearm?

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
Unique perhaps, but it's not as though the US is in active conflict, or anything close to it.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Unique perhaps, but it's not as though the US is in active conflict, or anything close to it.

Making the fascination all the more odd to put it lightly.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk