guys what is your average battery life?

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
guys what is your battery life? How many min a day you talk howmany min it was stand by and also the min u used it ? if you guys could look in the usage screen that will be great.

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
im getting about 5-6 hours of usuage. i have most features on like blutooth. 3g always enabled.i can get about 4 hours of usuage and have been in standybye for nearly 15 hours. push data is always set to manual, and my brightness is around 35-40% with auto brightness on. first few times battery was terrible, lucky to get 3 and half hours 4 of usage. the more you charge it the batter it gets!

Megalobyte

Jul 31, 2008
guys what is your battery life? How many min a day you talk howmany min it was stand by and also the min u used it ? if you guys could look in the usage screen that will be great.
I get about 3-5 min. talk time on 3G, can extend that to a good 10 min. on Edge, surfing the net on 3G, approx. 30 seconds, all in all, I'm pretty happy. :)

Just kidding, mostly, :) I'm still not getting a full day of moderate use, but I think that part of it is, as a new gadget that I can't resist tinkering with, it's getting more use than it will in a few weeks when the novelty wears off.

I do get almost a full day with what I guess is slightly more than normal use. Not too bad considering all it does, when it works that is. :)

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Not a lot of posters on this thread...try searching for your question, there are tons of threads that might help. Good luck!

Jul 14, 2008
I usually get about 8-10 hours usage with about two days standby. I have WiFi off, Push email on with Mobile Me, 3G off and bluetooth off. I mostly use the iPod, email and a few apps.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
ive gotton almost 2 days on 3G network with text/emails being sent out plus some web browsing. i let my battery die completely down before i recharge.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a 3G and I have EVERYTHING on.

I got: 2 hours & 50 minutes of usage
18 hours & 17 minutes of standby

I am at at around 20 percent of battery life (although I did not yet get the warning it's probably close to 20%).

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
my battery life is great. i stare at the app store quite a bit, listen to a lot of music, check 6 email accounts every 15 min, talk maybe 45 min a day, a lot of texting, and I don't put the phone on the charger until I go to bed (around midnight)

I haven't gotten the 20% warning yet....

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
9:00 AM-5:00 PM with heavy internet usage (surfing almost the entire time) on 3G before the iPhone died.

Amahk

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
If you really want some hard data then here is a thread that has a ton of ppl posting their actual Usage SS. I have mine there on the last page.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1401933

I'm surprised how much usage I get after I let my battery drain to 10% and then do a full charge after that. The 2 times I've done that I've done a ton(I know the word a ton is subjective hehe) on my phone and got great usage out of my battery.

Have fun!

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
If you really want some hard data then here is a thread that has a ton of ppl posting their actual Usage SS. I have mine there on the last page.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1401933

I'm surprised how much usage I get after I let my battery drain to 10% and then do a full charge after that. The 2 times I've done that I've done a ton(I know the word a ton is subjective hehe) on my phone and got great usage out of my battery.

Have fun!
My experience is the same... otherwise it's definitely a daily charge with 3G turned off, minimal phone usage (have rollover minutes out the ass even with many expiring monthly), heavy internet and email usage.

Huncowboy

Bronze
Jul 20, 2008
5-6 hours with pretty heavy usage on wifi. Playing with it, setting it up etc... I still only had it for 3 days so I am on it all the time. Fun :)

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
5-6 hours with pretty heavy usage on wifi. Playing with it, setting it up etc... I still only had it for 3 days so I am on it all the time. Fun :)

god battery life is awful, i got to carry my usb to work everyday and I need a car charger

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Usage: 1 Hour, 23 Minutes
Standby: 11 Hours, 50 Minutes
Battery: @ 80%

Well, that battery percentage is just a guesstimate looking at the tiny icon. I think battery life is getting better. Yesterday I took it down to about 25%.