gym rats!

DHTPHTG34

Dec 30, 2007
Has anyone had problems using their iPhone in the gym working out and paticurlary in the sauna.

It gets to be about 180 or 190 for about 15 min.

I have done it about 5 or 6 times with no bad results like condesation?

I just do not want to keep chancing it if someone has had other problems.

thanks,

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
NO!

I would not use my iPhone in the sauna!

Here is what Apple's support website said about the operational environment for the iPhone (See attachment).

Attachments

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I used to wear my eyeglasses in the sauna, They are polycarbonate lenses with anti glare and scratch resistent coatings, unfortunately after 5 sessions in the sauna, my lenses coatings actually crinkled up, making them worthless.
Luckilyy i had them under warranty. The iPhone has a glass front so that will be ok under most any temperature, but the internal parts are probably much more sensitive, and batteries should not be exposed to high heat, not to mention when you heat up an object to 180 degrees and then cool it rapidly to room temp (when you leave the sauna) condensation forms, and thats never good for electronics.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
What the hell!? I hardly bring my phone to the gym unless I'm doing cardio, muchless into a sauna! If your phone craps out, that'll suck because I am sure you've set off the water damage indicator.

My advice would be to not bring jt into the sauna...

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I saw the title of this thread and decided to chime in even though its not in regards to the sauna.
I use my phone at the gym everyday. I found this website that allows you to track your workout progress. Its called Gyminee.com and it is pretty slick. You can preload your workouts or select workouts other users have posted. Then while you are working out just enter your progress and track it for next time. The site also has a new nutrition section that is soon to be up and running.
With that said, I would not use my phone in the sauna.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
I won't even use my iPhone at the gym let alone the sauna. I don't think I'd take ANY electronic device in there.

guest 5

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
i don't use my iPhone in the gym, because when I run or do anything that involves me needing or wanting to change tracks without looking at the device is harder on the iPhone than with my nano.

DHTPHTG34

Dec 30, 2007
Thanks for the reply's

I will not be using my iPhone in the sauna anymore.

However, i used my Motorola SLVR in the saun for 3 to 5 times a week for over 2 years. The only thing that went wrong was the Micro SD went bad.

I know the iPhone probably has a lot more sensitive internals than a SLVR, so no more sauna.

thanks,

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I would not take it in the sauna....too moist for my taste.....electronics don't mix..... i did take it to the gym to work out with...but i didn't have a blet clip or a holster....i had it in my pocket and certain exercises made it fall out of my pocket..just as anything else would.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Has anyone had problems using their iPhone in the gym working out and paticurlary in the sauna.

It gets to be about 180 or 190 for about 15 min.

I have done it about 5 or 6 times with no bad results like condesation?

I just do not want to keep chancing it if someone has had other problems.

thanks,

DOOD! Way bad idea, in the sauna.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
treo likes it

I used to take my treo in the sauna...but that was a work phone:)

I wouldn't take the iPhone. I don't even like to take it near the bathroom. I have read way to many horror stories of iPhones going for a swim in the crapper.