Hacktivation tool for iPhone 3G help

kse

Dec 4, 2009
Here is my situation, a while ago i got an iPhone 3g from my relative who lives in the us while i live in australia, now i am aware of the fact if i update it without an american AT&T simcard, my phone will become locked to emergency calls only or something like that. last time i screwed up trying to update from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2 took me over a week and finally found blackra1n that can hacktivate my phone

So, my phone has been stuck in 3.1.2 for sometime because literally i am scared to update, and now i want that to change, after some googling, there are just too many jailbreak tools out there and it seems none of them listed my specifications

My question is can anyone suggestion a jailbreak tool that can update my phone to at least 4.0 firmware and also able to hacktivate my phone (that means it should be fully operational when jailbreak is finish, not stuck in a freaking emergency call only screen)

any help will be appreciated, thanks

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
You can use either Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w (depending on what you use Mac or Windows). Both tools preserve the phones baseband so that you can still unlock your device. I know Redsn0w uses a method called SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module (more on SAM here)) which allows you to hacktivate your device, which is what you need :)

You would have to update to 4.2.1 first (which the latest firmware available for the iPhone 3G) but do so via Sn0wbreeze or Redsn0w to preserve your baseband.