Had iPhone 4s replaced w/ another b/c of cracked screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 21, 2011
Like title says, when I plug new 1 in I no longer can get all of my photos & text messages from old phone to transfer.... Please help!

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The only way to get your "camera roll" photo's and text over is to restore your new phone from your old phones latest backup in iTunes. Keep in mind it will only restore items contained in your last backup. In other words, if your backup is 2 weeks old it "WILL NOT" restore items that you did after that time.

Nov 21, 2011
I've been trying to do this & it's not working, the old phone was backed up to iCloud & my iCloud storage shows both phones, when I went from the 4 to 4s the 1st time around I had no issues?

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
I just synced my new 4s and this time was the same as all the others: I had to sync several times to get everything. It's not a problem, just takes patience.

When you sync, let it do so automatically, then do a manual sync with the button. When it's finished, disconnect and use as normal, and shut down iTunes. Later, repeat. I think this time it took 4 syncs to get everything transferred.

Aug 1, 2007
I just synced my new 4s and this time was the same as all the others: I had to sync several times to get everything. It's not a problem, just takes patience.

When you sync, let it do so automatically, then do a manual sync with the button. When it's finished, disconnect and use as normal, and shut down iTunes. Later, repeat. I think this time it took 4 syncs to get everything transferred.
All the reason why I just back up my phone to iTunes ;)

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
All the reason why I just back up my phone to iTunes ;)
That's the only way I've ever done it. Still takes several tries to get a new phone completely synced.
I'm still not completely clear on iCloud- whether I can do my usual once-a-week backup/sync through the cloud successfuly, or if I'll still need to plug into my laptop where my iTunes account is. Anyone know for sure?