Had iPhone 6s Plus replace, now see strange battery use

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Hype-149, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Hype-149

Hype-149 New Member

Hello,

Apple replaced my launch day iPhone 6s Plus yesterday with a new one due to some issues with low signal/poor speaker quality issues but now when I look at my battery use, it shows use and stand by the same:

Shows 13:22 use and same for usage. I did restore from an iOS iCloud backup which by the way, my messages did not restore. I'm dreading starting fresh and doing a set up as new device but I may have to. I am running iOS 9.2 beta 4.

Attached Files:

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Let your battery drain down to zero so the phone powers itself off and then charge it up to 100%. This should reset the battery statistics. The standby and usage times being equal is just a glitch.

Is it a 16 GB 6s Plus with a large messages backup? It won't restore them if the backup is too big. Photos and videos in the messaging app can make it take up several gigabytes of space.

If that's not the problem, go to Settings > Messages > Send and Receive, and add all of the email addresses that you used for messages on your previous phone and reboot. Check if the messages show up afterwards.

Are you having other problems that are making consider restoring to factory settings?

3. Hype-149

Hype-149 New Member

No its a 64GB 6s Plus, I did have a large message back up. I also upgraded iCloud storage as well.

Now the next issue I am having is my watch data is not syncing correctly with the iPhone. After i re-paired the watch on Friday night, the Activity app kept saying please set up activity on the watch which I did.

All day yesterday the watch was recording heart rate/steps/distance but none of that data was pushed to Health kit nor did the activity app change, kept saying "open activity app on watch and set it up"

I then decided I would un-pair the watch and set up as new to see if that helps. No. now the activity app is gone completely. Health kit won't keep any data changes saved - i.e. if I had my sex/weight/height or even add more functions to the dash board it just reverts back to default.

I even did a reset all settings on the phone and it's still doing it.

ODD!

4. Hype-149

Hype-149 New Member

Update - I ended up just wiping the phone and setting up as new, seems to work better now. Battery life is is still OK, still need to tweak some more. Any ideas?