Had my iPhone since Sept of 07..do I get the 8gb for $199?

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I originally bought my iPhone back in Sept of 07 and decided to purposely fail the credit check so I didn't have to sign a 2 year contract.

3 months ago I finally got off my a$$ and went in and signed the contract. Now enjoying unlimited messaging and almost quadruple the minutes for the same price.

Now my question is, come July 11th, do I get the 8gb for $199?

-thanks for clearing this up. I'll probably be going to a store to triple check everything so I don't walk into any surprises Friday morning, but for now since I can't get to any stores anytime soon thought I'd ask on here.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Sure you will. If you have a current iPhone data plan on your account, then you will qualify for the subsidized iPhone 3G pricing.

wendycharles

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
you get the 8g phone for 199 as long as you have an iPhone on your account before july 11th, per att video.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I checked it last week said I was eligible for a hardware discount or something, so I guess that means I get the discount.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I checked it last week said I was eligible for a hardware discount or something, so I guess that means I get the discount.
that would mean you have to pay the $399 8gig or $499 16gig as appose to the full price of the device

DocHolliday

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I'm trying to clarify something hear. Right now I am not with ATT, but I am thinking about purchasing an iPhone. Are you guys saying that the iPhone 3G will only be 199 to existing ATT/iPhone users? If so, how much will it be for new customers.

I'm in a 30 day grace period with Sprint using the Samsung Instinct, I can bail out right now with penaly, and I was thinking of moving to an iPhone, but if I'm not going to be able to get it for 199, then I'm not going to get it.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I'm trying to clarify something hear. Right now I am not with ATT, but I am thinking about purchasing an iPhone. Are you guys saying that the iPhone 3G will only be 199 to existing ATT/iPhone users? If so, how much will it be for new customers.

I'm in a 30 day grace period with Sprint using the Samsung Instinct, I can bail out right now with penaly, and I was thinking of moving to an iPhone, but if I'm not going to be able to get it for 199, then I'm not going to get it.
you as a new customer pay the cheapest possable price $199 for 8 gig $299 for 16 gig simple as that

plus activation fee i think thats $36

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.

The subsidized price is for new customers to AT&T or for existing customers that are eligible for upgrades. So, I think you would qualify for the discounted pricing.