half of the screen is working but the other half NO TOUCH CAPABILITY

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
This is the thing happened to one iPhone of my friend. the halfscreen of his iPhone have the touch capability, the other half is not working anymore.

hardware issue? or we can resolve in simple way? please help

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've seen this happen to several people now. As far as I can tell the only way to remedy it is by going to an Apple store and consulting a Genius there. Hopefully there is one nearby.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
This is the thing happened to one iPhone of my friend. the halfscreen of his iPhone have the touch capability, the other half is not working anymore.

hardware issue? or we can resolve in simple way? please help
the same tihng happened to my phone. i called Apple they sent me a loaner phone and i sent them my phone. in less than a week they sent me a brand new iPhone. it was still under warranty so i didn't have to pay for anything, not even shipping. i had modded my phone before this happened so i was worried my warranty would b voided but that didn't seem to be an issue.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
oh no..so the issue maybe a hardware issue tsk tsk. need to replace his iPhone
You should just be able to call Apple and they'll send you a new a phone no hassle. i was very pleased with the service i received.

Last edited by a moderator:

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
the problem is where not in US. if we try to send it to some of our friends their, will they replaced it?

Last edited by a moderator:

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
the problem is where not in US. if we try to send it to some of our friends their, will they replaced it?
they should replace. im at college so wen they sent me my new phone they sent it to my college address and not billing address so i don't think it should b a prob for your friends to send it to Apple. u said your not in the us. does that mean your phone is unlocked and on a diff service?