HandBrake Problem

Meltdownblitz

Bronze
Aug 23, 2009
I just got the program Handbrake because everyone on this forum was talking about it, but for some reason it doesn't seem to let me transfer the files onto my iPhone, it says file not supported to play on iPhone or something. Before converting, under presets I selected iPhone and iPod Touch. It seems that the file isn't a quicktime as I look at my video files that were taken with the iPhone, is that why it won't transfer because only quicktime files will work?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Open the preferences of handbrake, and make sure you check the box that says "use itunes-friendly .m4v extension". That should do it.

For any videos you have already created, you can simply change the file extension to .m4v.

Meltdownblitz

Bronze
Aug 23, 2009
Open the preferences of handbrake, and make sure you check the box that says "use itunes-friendly .m4v extension". That should do it.

For any videos you have already created, you can simply change the file extension to .m4v.
Sorry I'm not an idiot.. I just hate to say, I don't see those options..

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'm away from my computer for the night, but I should be able to take a screenshot tomorrow.