Handbrake

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
On average how long does it take your macbook pro internal drive to rip a movie and put it on your hard drive?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It has been awhile since I have done one, but I think it is about 30-45 minutes to rip a DVD.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Humm mine is taking bout 2 hours to rip one for some reason not sure why.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
What do you have your settings set at when you rip it?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, higher resolution settings will take longer. I use the high-quality iPod preset, and it takes goes at about 1x the length of the DVD.

Chesh

May 23, 2009
I just downloaded Handbrake to my MAC (intel version). I have added Handbrake as an application and clicked on it. The application exploded out but did not seem to do anything. Can anyone help please to explain why this is not loading?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I just downloaded Handbrake to my MAC (intel version). I have added Handbrake as an application and clicked on it. The application exploded out but did not seem to do anything. Can anyone help please to explain why this is not loading?
I presume that you have a DVD in your drive. If so then simply click on Source, a drop down menu will open and you can select the DVD, and push the Start button and it will start encoding.

Good luck . . .

dacocoprince

Bronze
Dec 22, 2009
MIA,FL
Ok guys what the hell am I doing wrong? I downloaded it and when I went to rip a movie it says my VLC is either out of date or cant be found......I downloaded the most up-to-date version and it still doesn't work. Anyone have any advice?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I don't know if you are on a Mac or PC but I recently used Handbrake on my PC and I ran a program called DVD43 (free download) in the background and didn't have any trouble. I've never tried Handbrake otherwise and I'm not sure if this would pertain to your problem but you might look into it.

dacocoprince

Bronze
Dec 22, 2009
MIA,FL
I don't know if you are on a Mac or PC but I recently used Handbrake on my PC and I ran a program called DVD43 (free download) in the background and didn't have any trouble. I've never tried Handbrake otherwise and I'm not sure if this would pertain to your problem but you might look into it.
I'm on a mac

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Have you tried deleting handbrake and re-installing it? I believe that the Handbrake install on a Mac, it automatically installs the correct version of VLC? It did for me, anyway.

dacocoprince

Bronze
Dec 22, 2009
MIA,FL
Have you tried deleting handbrake and re-installing it? I believe that the Handbrake install on a Mac, it automatically installs the correct version of VLC? It did for me, anyway.
yes I tried that....well actually I'm a newb with mac's, but I used finder to delete it. (is that the correct way to do it?)