handbreak settings

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
What is the perfect settings for picture when ripping DVDs on handbreak? I've tried and still the picture gets cut off. I need help please!

Macster

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Oregon
What is the perfect settings for picture when ripping DVDs on handbreak? I've tried and still the picture gets cut off. I need help please!
I am having issues with Handbreak also. I rip a CD, and I can't get it to transfer to the iPhone from iTunes. I get a messge the tells me the iPhone can't play the movie. I have done my best to set Handbreak to match the specs of the iPhone, with no luck. I would settle to have it play a movie with the picture cut off, at least I would be getting closer!

Good luck finding a solution.

Aug 26, 2007
EVEN though it's for an ipod? it works w/out cutting off any of the picture?
so far, so good. i've ripped 2 movies so far. 300 in widescreen and a movie for my kids, air buddies in full screen and both look good. 300 has the bars on the top and bottom but that is because it is the cinema widescreen. not sure the exact name for that view. i thought that it might have cut of the edges for that particular movie but it did not. it looks good.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maybe a stupid suggestion, but you've tried tapping the iPhone screen to toggle between the two widescreen modes, right?

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
oh shoot...so I uploaded my movies back onto my iPhone and WOW...how sad is that. I didn't know that you had to double tap for it to work. I've been going nuts-o over this since i first got the darn thing! THANKS!