Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Hannibal[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-04-04[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Bryan Fuller[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Hugh Dancy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mads Mikkelsen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laurence Fishburne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Caroline Dhavernas[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT]Hannibal is an American thriller television series developed by Bryan Fuller for NBC. The series is based on characters and elements appearing in the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris and focuses on the budding relationship between FBI special investigator Will Graham and Dr. Hannibal Lecter, a forensic psychiatrist destined to become Graham's most cunning enemy.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Maybe you could write a "strongly worded letter" to those idiots at KSL TV. Maybe you can get them to change their minds for the upcoming season of the show.

They stopped airing the show because of "numerous complaints from viewers," based on what I'm reading online. Heck, the show is littered with "Viewer Discretion Advised" warnings. That means that a large enough number of people saw the warnings, proceeded to watch the show anyways, and then bitched about the show to the station. People like that really Chap My Hide. I'll keep it civilized by leaving it at that. :D

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Maybe you could write a "strongly worded letter" to those idiots at KSL TV. Maybe you can get them to change their minds for the upcoming season of the show.

They stopped airing the show because of "numerous complaints from viewers," based on what I'm reading online. Heck, the show is littered with "Viewer Discretion Advised" warnings. That means that a large enough number of people saw the warnings, proceeded to watch the show anyways, and then bitched about the show to the station. People like that really Chap My Hide. I'll keep it civilized by leaving it at that. :D
I don't live in Utah.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Or you could just download or stream it if you lived in Utah. It really should be on a cable channel. I've never seen anything that gruesome or disturbing on a network channel. I got bored with the storyline and lost interest after the first season. It relied on the gore so much that they felt the recaps at the beginning of the episodes needed to showcase those scenes. This resulted in people inadvertently seeing it because they couldn't change the channel in time after finishing the show that aired prior to it. They probably didn't like that their kids saw it before they could get the channel changed. Utah is a Mormon state and they have a lot of control over the media and television. Complaining to KSL would be a waste of time.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Utah is a Mormon state and they have a lot of control over the media and television. Complaining to KSL would be a waste of time.
Wow, I weep for Utahns. It's sad, but better than many other places in the world, I guess.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Wow, I weep for Utahns. It's sad, but better than many other places in the world, I guess.
It doesn't bother me that Hannibal got pulled from the network. I can't recall a single other show that did in the past. Like I said, I don't think it should be on a network channel. If I wanted to watch it, I'd just download it. Sad? No, it's pretty awesome here. You wouldn't believe how nice the people are. I went hiking here today:
ee.jpg s.jpg

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It doesn't bother me that Hannibal got pulled from the network. I can't recall a single other show that did in the past. Like I said, I don't think it should be on a network channel. If I wanted to watch it, I'd just download it. Sad? No, it's pretty awesome here. You wouldn't believe how nice the people are. I went hiking here today:
View attachment 41474 View attachment 41475
And you almost met a rattler.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Salt Lake City is the single most friendliest city I've ever visited. I kept thinking I was being pranked and somehow I was Truman in the Truman show !

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hannibal has been canned.

I found the show was getting too weird and confusing for me. After watching the first episode of season 3, I was so absolutely lost and stymied that I never continued watching subsequent episodes.

Don't get me wrong—I never had an issue with the blood, gore, darkness, and violence of the show. But I'd had enough of the labyrinthine storyline.

As far as the possibility of Netflix or Amazon picking up the show, they both said thanks, but no thanks.