Happy Birthday, iPhone!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Apple have really turned the smartphone, apps and technology in general, on its head with the release of the first iPhone...

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I was reading in Macword that if Apple is going to keep up with the competition, they need to start thinking of new ideas. It's unfortunate that iOS 8 was not a solid release as everyone hoped it would be. It had the most bugs of any iOS release and the release of iOS 8.1 only fixed a few of the issues. The problem I see is that the only new product in Apple's line-up is the Apple Watch. Please feel free to weigh in.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I just took my original iPhone out to mess with it. I remember waiting 12 hours in line waiting for it. Unbelievably cool once I got it. It's hard to believe that there was no App Store when it was released.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I just took my original iPhone out to mess with it. I remember waiting 12 hours in line waiting for it. Unbelievably cool once I got it. It's hard to believe that there was no App Store when it was released.
I remember that as well. I remember being a little embarrassed at being the first one out of the AT&T store with the original iPhone and having the rest of the folks in line applaud me. I just kinda held the bag up, smiled, and got the hell outta there.

I wasn't used to constant adulation back in 2007 like I am nowadays.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I just watched this for the first time. I wasn't into Apple back in '07. I think I was using a Nokia then. This Keynote is amazing. I wish I had been here at eiC for the unveiling of the first iPhone. It must have been a wild ride here. This was also my first glimpse at the first iPhone. I had seen it in the news, but had never seen it in action. It's also amazing how much it's changed. Watching this has given me a greater appreciation for the device I hold in my hand. And it's not even the newest. I have a question. Who was the first here to say, "Look what I got!".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
For me it really got me into the Apple ecosystem. I had an iPod but the hard drive failed on it and I was weary about getting another one. Since the original iPhone my house has slowly transformed into an Apple house. Mac Mini, MacBook, numerous iPads.