Happy Birthday, iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Rafagon, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The iPhone was introduced by Steve Jobs eight years ago today.

Here's the keynote from that fateful day:

2. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I did like that keynote... and I loved the way the Engineers had to help him script his demo. Good day in History.

3. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I will never forget that day. It was revolutionary. I said to myself, 'Finally, the Internet in your pocket'.

4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Apple have really turned the smartphone, apps and technology in general, on its head with the release of the first iPhone...

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I was reading in Macword that if Apple is going to keep up with the competition, they need to start thinking of new ideas. It's unfortunate that iOS 8 was not a solid release as everyone hoped it would be. It had the most bugs of any iOS release and the release of iOS 8.1 only fixed a few of the issues. The problem I see is that the only new product in Apple's line-up is the Apple Watch. Please feel free to weigh in.

6. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I just took my original iPhone out to mess with it. I remember waiting 12 hours in line waiting for it. Unbelievably cool once I got it. It's hard to believe that there was no App Store when it was released.

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I remember that as well. I remember being a little embarrassed at being the first one out of the AT&T store with the original iPhone and having the rest of the folks in line applaud me. I just kinda held the bag up, smiled, and got the hell outta there.

I wasn't used to constant adulation back in 2007 like I am nowadays.

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I just watched this for the first time. I wasn't into Apple back in '07. I think I was using a Nokia then. This Keynote is amazing. I wish I had been here at eiC for the unveiling of the first iPhone. It must have been a wild ride here. This was also my first glimpse at the first iPhone. I had seen it in the news, but had never seen it in action. It's also amazing how much it's changed. Watching this has given me a greater appreciation for the device I hold in my hand. And it's not even the newest. I have a question. Who was the first here to say, "Look what I got!".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It was a great day in history, for it brought Napoleon and all of his blessings into the Apple fold.

Or something like that.

10. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Personally, I held out until the 3GS model. But I have to admit, it made me do a 180 degree flip as far as what I thought of Apple Products.

11. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

For me it really got me into the Apple ecosystem. I had an iPod but the hard drive failed on it and I was weary about getting another one. Since the original iPhone my house has slowly transformed into an Apple house. Mac Mini, MacBook, numerous iPads.