Happy Easter! iOS 7 is here!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dubgixxer02, Jun 11, 2013.

1. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

Don't post much but the thought of iOS 7 looking all pastel colored reminds me of Easter and just don't dig it. The features seem very nice but then color schemes beg for ios7 to be jailbroke just to theme away the ugly colors.. Just my thoughts I am a knowbody but I do know I'm keeping my iOS 6 jail broken for quite some time to come.

2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

Anyone worried about the color scheme needs to relax and take a look at it with a toned-down wallpaper:

HevLgD6.jpg

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Even thou I don't care that much, I gotta be honest, I'm a little disappointed. We waited forever for a new look, and this is not what I was expecting from a company like Apple. Anyways....

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

We waited until there was a jailbreak to get a new look ;) Now we wait again. Lol

5. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

That's what I figured. It looks nice like this...

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I love the UI but the icons not so much, looks like a poor version of genesis. Again, I expected more from Apple but I doubt I'm gonna jailbreak just for the themes. Nice to see you btw

7. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

yes just the colors get to me, white n black woulda been much better than this overly bright pastel color scheme, :sleep: :sleep: to waiting for the jailbreak!

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think it's funny how people pushed for a UI change just for the sake of change then they are disappointed that it isn't good enough when Apple caved and changed it. I really don't care about the icons either way. I think they look fine, especially when you use a custom wallpaper. I care more about functionality, stability and speed. I hope Apple doesn't change the iPhone 5 design just for the sake of change. I really like the white model and hope to get a 5S that looks just like it.

9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

A change for the sake of change? It's been the same for 7 years. Anyway we are talking about 2 different things here, I like the new features, I'm happy they finally realized its time to add them, I love what they did with Siri, but the more I look at that UI and icons the more I think Steve jobs had nothing to do with this. Looks like a 5 year old was drunk and drew it. I love the iPhone more than anyone here and I will never buy anything else, but this is not what a lot of people expected, including me.

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

My (and many on the Internet) opinion is that the icons are hideous, girly (nothing against girls) and the design is plain. The 70's come to mind. With that said, I like the added features I am learning about. I was never into themenig but I will have to once a JB becomes available.

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Girly, but nothing against girls. Heheh.

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

yes, girly, I'm not a girl so that's what my point was. It's the same as if the design was a whole bunch of bikini clad girls in the background, a girl might say its too boyish lol :D. Anyway, I'd appreciate you don't try to attribute your own meaning to my comment ;)

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No. I can opine all I want.

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

:p

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Steve Jobs didn't have anything to do with the UI/icon design - he died nearly two years ago. They have graphic designers for that. Anyway, it's a work in progress and we'll likely see major revisions before the GM.
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/06/12/ios_7_design_changes_remain_in_flux_likely_to_see_major_revisions_before_release.html

16. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Well it was said he had something to do with the design of the next 3-4? Generations, I was hoping that included the UI. Unfortunately he didn't, so now we have a jitterbug :p

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Even though I hate the icons, it only makes me want to JB if and when available so I can play around with themes; something I have not done much in the past.

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A Jitterbug! Lol. (y) It is a good point, though. I wonder how much different it would look if he were involved.

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I used to theme a lot, but I got away from it. A lot of people like to theme, though. I was more interested in five-column pages, shrunken icons, and scrollable docks. I'm a three-trick pony. :D

20. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Are you planning on getting the next gen iPhone ?