Happy iPad 3 Day

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I won't lie, I woke up with an added bounce in my step this morning. Excited to finally put all the rumors behind us and see what Apple has for us.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I just got home from work. I'll more than likely sleep through it, unless, like every year, the excitement wakes me up and I follow the live blogging and go back to sleep afterward.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
That's one thing that bugs me!
Why oh why won't/don't they just do a live feed?
Thank God for the bloggers out there that work feverishly to blast these updates out!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That's one thing that bugs me!
Why oh why won't/don't they just do a live feed?
Thank God for the bloggers out there that work feverishly to blast these updates out!
I guess should anything go wrong, they can fix it in the post production. Worse case, they have a few bloggers posting that "something didn't work", rather than millions watching the flub.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
I'm excited and ready to buy. What's your guess on preorder process?
I've never pre-ordered the iPad before but I've done the iPhone's, if it's similar to that I would be happy. I had to stay up till 2 in the morn on the day of the pre-order but it did go through even though the website loaded slow as hell and basically it would keep saying out of stock until like a day or 2 before it shipped. All in all I was happy since I got it on release day.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sometimes I've seen them stay online for a while until they get found out. It's kinda fun when they get busted.

If it were me, I wouldn't jepordize my Apple event status to post live video. I don't get invites, so guess I don't have to worry about that.

Pre-orders are a good idea. If rumors of retina display shortages are to be believed

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
This will be my first iPad. My dad has the original, my sister has a 2. I've been holding out for a better screen ever since I saw the screen on the iPhone 4. My day has finally come!

I'm hoping to get in on pre-orders and maybe even be one of those lucky souls who gets it shipped to them one or two days before the official release as happened last year with the 2.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
Does any one know if there are any retina compatible apps for the iPad currently?
I don't own one so I have no clue, but can you take a retina iPhone app and use it to look clear on the iPad?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm glad the wait for the unveiling is nearly over. Then the wait to get my hands on one is even worse. I'm already looking at weather forecasts for the nights next week, because I'll be lining up at 3:30AM at an Apple store.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
I'm glad the wait for the unveiling is nearly over. Then the wait to get my hands on one is even worse. I'm already looking at weather forecasts for the nights next week, because I'll be lining up at 3:30AM at an Apple store.
which store, i wonder if they let you line up inside the mall for Apple stores that are indoors

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
What if Apple surprises us again with iPhone 5, something they will never expect like they did with Mounation Lion. :p

2PM AST my time then...

Sent from my iPhone 4