Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Especially to you, Star, but also to all you other Moms out there, Happy Mother's Day.
And to any of you guys who, like me, have been called a mother on occasion.

S

Starry

Especially to you, Star, but also to all you other Moms out there, Happy Mother's Day.
And to any of you guys who, like me, have been called a mother on occasion.
You read my mind.. I was just doing the same thing in another browser window LOL... :) Your always so thoughtful Jack... :) Hope you and the family have a great day hun... :)

Thanks for the Moms Day! ;)

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Appreciation of All Mothers

My Mother made me who I am today.
My best friend, my buddy, my confidant. I never lied to my mother ONCE in my entire life. She often said that she would rather know the truth about me and everything that I did (whether she approved or not) rather that have me lie to her.

I NEVER lied to my mother. EVER.

I have learned as I got older, that a man with a great Mother whom he can trust and love and be completely honest with (good or bad) will turn out to be a great man himself.

Being able to trust and love the first woman with whom you interact, BUILDS the foundation for ALL relationships that you will have with members of the opposite sex for the remainder of your life.

Humbly yours

Dana Frederick Raymond Cyr
Son of Ruth Marie Gallagher Cyr.

Happy Mother's Day Mom.
I love you.

Dana

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Great post, Dana.

Happy Mother's Day to everybody.

- John

S

Starry

I told my son the same thing Dana and he has turned out to be awesome.. You don't lie to him and he doesn't lie to you, he actually sits me down and says "OK Mom you're not going to like what I have to tell you, but I'm being honest its the only way to go, so hear me out before you go bubonic on me" LOL... I always told my kids, if you come to me as a friend then I won't ground you as a mother.. if you lie or keep something from me, I'll be your worst nightmare and they never did....

YOUR mother is proud of you Dana...and so am I :) Not that you need me be.. I just am it shows your character here on that post Dana... you are awesome my friend!

And Hayes... I'm your online Mom where THE HELL are my Flowers or my crayon card that says "You're the best in the west and someone's a guest and they act like a Pest, Love Hayes" HUH? Come on now! LMAO
*Howling*

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Don't you wish they stayed small a little bit longer?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Starry

absolutely! Now I'm anxious to be a Grandma LOL... but well that ain't happening anytime soon he's too into jacking his monster truck up and riding his motorcycle to think about women LOL

Ok off to lunch with my kiddos :)

Love y'all!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
God, I wish I had a mother that didn't ***** at me and didn't degrade me at every possible aspect and free moment of her time.

I am not one of those "perfect" kids.

I almost despise my mother and she feels the same way towards me.

Many times have I tried to repair our relationship, but too many factors of my life don't please her.

how I dress, the life chpices I make, the people I hang out with, who I talk to, how i do in school, what kind of girls I'm talking to, how me and my dad talk, how early she had me, the fact that I don't wait on her hand and foot.

I have found myself surrounded by people, but I'm still terrifyingly lonely, and that's because no matter what my friends do to make me happy, I still have to go home and face my mother.

I have been in many depressions because of this woman, and sometimes it has been so bad, that I have found myself with a belt around my neck, and standing on a chair, in my room, alone.

I know this isn't normal, and I have to say that I could have been so much better if this woman were no longer in my life.

I talk to all my relatives quite often, and I don't lie to my grandparents, or my uncle from my dads side.

that is why I am who I am.

she tells me I will get nowhere, and thats why I will leave home as soon as I can.

my dad tries to help me, and I don't lie to him, and eberytime she goes to Russia for a while, or I go to Russia, and I come back or she comes back, I try to make myself not lie to this woman and figure maybe she had changed throughout this time.

I know, as soon as I leave home, she will make no attempt to make any contact with me.

she has told me many times that if I die, she will not only be happy, she will not attend a funeral.

so, I don't care anymore, and thats my life story.

and I didn't say this to get attention for myself, because I am not her.

happy mothers day, Starry, Jaqueline, Lisa, and whoever I missed.

and happy mothers day, Ann Aleksanyan, I hope I will be able to mean it eventually.

good day.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
God, I wish I had a mother that didn't ***** at me and didn't degrade me at every possible aspect and free moment of her time.

I am not one of those "perfect" kids.

I almost despise my mother and she feels the same way towards me.

Many times have I tried to repair our relationship, but too many factors of my life don't please her.

how I dress, the life chpices I make, the people I hang out with, who I talk to, how i do in school, what kind of girls I'm talking to, how me and my dad talk, how early she had me, the fact that I don't wait on her hand and foot.

I have found myself surrounded by people, but I'm still terrifyingly lonely, and that's because no matter what my friends do to make me happy, I still have to go home and face my mother.

I have been in many depressions because of this woman, and sometimes it has been so bad, that I have found myself with a belt around my neck, and standing on a chair, in my room, alone.

I know this isn't normal, and I have to say that I could have been so much better if this woman were no longer in my life.

I talk to all my relatives quite often, and I don't lie to my grandparents, or my uncle from my dads side.

that is why I am who I am.

she tells me I will get nowhere, and thats why I will leave home as soon as I can.

my dad tries to help me, and I don't lie to him, and eberytime she goes to Russia for a while, or I go to Russia, and I come back or she comes back, I try to make myself not lie to this woman and figure maybe she had changed throughout this time.

I know, as soon as I leave home, she will make no attempt to make any contact with me.

she has told me many times that if I die, she will not only be happy, she will not attend a funeral.

so, I don't care anymore, and thats my life story.
That's tuff, dude. Don't forget---you can't pick your parents, so it's not your fault. I haven't talked to my mom yet this year, since she made no attempt to contact my kids on their birthdays or on Christmas. We can't help how other people are, only how we are, and you seem ok to me.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
While it doesn't excuse the way she treats you, maybe your Mom has had an awful childhood/early life herself. There might be a lot of stuff you don't know about her. I doubt that she really means most of the terrible things she has told you. Pain makes us say words we don't always mean. I hope you two find some peace some day.

S

Starry

Sam Sam Sam....

Dammit wish I could just reach out and hold you, hug you and tell you that THIS MOTHER Loves you for YOU!

I hated my mother with a purple passion, I wouldn't spit on her if she was on fire! My mother was an addict, strung out on valium so I was raised by whichever nanny we had that month.. When I had my "Special" daughter she informed me I did something awful and God was paying me back for having a "retard" come out of me.. When she died, I didn't attend, do I feel bad for it? HELL NO I've chosen my path, and I'm good to people, I'm honest to people and we don't' always get it back, but doesn't mean we can't continue to do good. I've said it a thousand times, "I" can look at myself in the mirror and know I treat people with respect, and "I" know "I" can look at God and know I'm going to heaven cause it's my path I chose to take. YOU do the same Sam.. YOU are awesome, you're smart, funny, handsome you will find the one person that will complete your life, you will find the road you're to take and while it may not be paved easily or smoothly, doesn't mean you can't make it that way. You have to believe in you and what you're life is meant to be. Your Mom is a fruitcake and she's a poor excuse for a Mother, I couldn't have any more kids after my daughter, I would have been blessed to have another son just like you Sam. Don't dwell on the mother you can't change, you didn't choose her, so you can't change her, but you can make your life there terrific, just avoid the situation, never speak ugly to her, don't lie to her, remember you're only there temporarily and you'll feel much better knowing you didn't lower yourself to her level. We're parents, we didn't come with owners manuals for our parents, and our kids didn't come with one either... none of us are perfect, but the love we can give, can be perfect...

you know where to find me if you ever want to vent, scream or cry even, nothing wrong with a man crying.. but Sam, don't give her the satisfaction of you even thinking of ever ending your life, the world would suffer without you... she won't.. so don't deny US the pleasure of you being here.. please..

I love you bud... and I'll always be here for you anytime!
You're NEW Mom.. Starr :)

And I'm just bawling writing to you cause my heart is just aching for you bud... :(

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Lisa hugs Sam.

I am sorry that you do not have a good relationship with your mother. I always had a strained relationship with my mother, also. (Not as bad as yours sounds like). I found out that my mother had an alcoholic father and a mentally abusive mother. I think she was doing the best job she could. I am not saying that your mother should be so mean to you, she is likely hurting also...

You are a really nice guy. I hope that you can overcome this pain by being a great dad when it is your time to have kids! (Much later in life, of course).

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Happy Mother's Day Everyone, especially my wife and her mother. We had to spend Mother's Day apart since my mother-in-law is going in for hip surgery tomorrow morning in Knoxville, TN (8 hours from Frederick). Just me and the girls. Home alone. All weekend and all week.

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Sam
Good Day, Sir

You have a PM from me.

Good Day
Dana

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Happy Mother's Day Everyone, especially my wife and her mother. We had to spend Mother's Day apart since my mother-in-law is going in for hip surgery tomorrow morning in Knoxville, TN (8 hours from Frederick). Just me and the girls. Home alone. All weekend and all week.
Enjoy that alone-time with the kids, and I hope you mom-in-law recovers well.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Let's see. Took the kids to go see Iron Man, yesterday and Speed Racer today...;)

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Loved Iron Man, how was Speed Racer?
My kids took me to dinner, then we saw Iron Man. Great movie, I didn't know what to expect, but I think my 10 year-old was scared. He would never admit it , of course. Not exactly what a superhero movie is usually about, at least at the beginning, which was too close to real life horror than we needed for mother's day.
It was great to be with them, though.
Jessie is so sweet that I often think I don't deserve him.