Happy with Apples stance.

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
I for one, agree with it. I've had nothing but better reception with the iPhone 4 and now will be getting a refund on my bumper!
Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
How can I get a refund on my bumper!?!? I got it on iDay. I threw away the receipt and the wrapping! :( I just have the actual bumper, nothing else.

gtmasta

Bronze
Nov 14, 2009
What about the thousands of people who don't have great reception?

Should they sell their homes and move near you?
Apple doesn't really have anything to do with AT&T signal strength , yes Apple misrepresented the signal bars but the amount of signal you have hasn't changed

Hinezy

Contributor
Silver
May 24, 2008
Mt.Carmel, PA
If you're getting worse reception with a case or without death gripping it, then you obviously have a hardware problem and should take it in for exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

gtmasta

Bronze
Nov 14, 2009
Did anyone catch this quote

10:41
Jason Snell: Q: I can't do the death grip here. A: WE've got strong signal here. We have AT&T and Verizon cell sites on campus.

Renn27

Bronze
Jun 18, 2010
San Diego, Ca
How can I get a refund on my bumper!?!? I got it on iDay. I threw away the receipt and the wrapping! :( I just have the actual bumper, nothing else.
I'm sure, just like any other retail store, they'll be able to pull up the receipt by the credit card it was purchased on. The refund/free case process starts at the end of next week on their website.

gtmasta

Bronze
Nov 14, 2009
Also jobs says that you will be able to choose not just from bumpers but from other cases as well

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Did you pay with your credit card, bank card... and did you use your Apple ID... what you use to sign in on iTunes... if so, it's in the system...

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
It's a non-issue for me. My phone works fine. I don't care what anyone says. I don't think the people that are having problems with the phone are going to be happy at all. It's not a fix. I find it hard to believe that they didn't know about the receptions issue before they started selling the product. I really didn't like the whole theme of the conference either. "yes we have problems, but were not the only ones". Seems like they were trying to side step the issue by throwing other people under the bus. It was kind nice to see them replicate this issue with other phones though.

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
I am one of thousands......with crap reception! With the 4.0.1 firmware update, I now get one lousy bar at home, one! Now I know why I can't have a conversation for more than two minutes on my iPhone. Hello? Hello? Can you hear me now?

boozeman

Aug 11, 2007
Apple doesn't really have anything to do with AT&T signal strength , yes Apple misrepresented the signal bars but the amount of signal you have hasn't changed
This sums up the entire Antennaegate issue right here. NO ONES SIGNAL CHANGED. Just the bars represented by the iPhone 4.

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I am one of thousands......with crap reception! With the 4.0.1 firmware update, I now get one lousy bar at home, one! Now I know why I can't have a conversation for more than two minutes on my iPhone. Hello? Hello? Can you hear me now?
You would be one of the people who I would recommend taking it back...

It'S unfortunate, and Apple will hate to lose you... but if it's just not working out for you, it's just not working out for you...

Try to mention the yellow spots problem, and see if they'll swap it.. then try another phone... if that doesn't work.. might be Android time..

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
You would be one of the people who I would recommend taking it back...

It'S unfortunate, and Apple will hate to lose you... but if it's just not working out for you, it's just not working out for you...

Try to mention the yellow spots problem, and see if they'll swap it.. then try another phone... if that doesn't work.. might be Android time..
I returned it this past weekend and just had AT&T reactivate my 3GS sim card. When my contract is up I will be looking at the Droid, Verizon's signal strength is much better than AT&T's in my neighborhood. It's too bad because the iPhone 4 is an awesome device, but unlike some people I need the phone to actually make and receive calls!

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I returned it this past weekend and just had AT&T reactivate my 3GS sim card. When my contract is up I will be looking at the Droid, Verizon's signal strength is much better than AT&T's in my neighborhood. It's too bad because the iPhone 4 is an awesome device, but unlike some people I need the phone to actually make and receive calls!
Which Droid? Have you seen the reviews on the Droid X?

I guess the upside, if you're not happy with the Droids out today.. there will be 4 more out, next week... and the week after that... and the week after that...

so you'll have PLENTY to choose from..