Haptic feedback; are you missing any notifications?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by up10ad, May 28, 2015.

1. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

In another discussion regarding iPhone volume it was mentioned that an Apple watch might be a solution to not being able to hear notifications on the phone. During my test fitting I found the notifications very subtle. Perhaps I'd get used to 'looking' for them after an acclimation period but my initial concern is that I'd miss notifications.

So, I'm asking owners, do you grow accustomed to the notification feedback and feel it all the time or do you miss it sometimes, like when you're active?

#1 up10ad, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I do miss notifications, usually when I'm active like grocery shopping or driving in the car. If I'm just sitting around like at my desk at work or relaxing at home I don't think I miss any. There *is* an option to enable strong haptic feedback, which precedes the normal haptics by one strong pulse, but I haven't felt the need to turn that on yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I missed a few here and there until I turned on the "prominent" haptic feature on. Since then I haven't missed a single notification, even when running.

• List
  4. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I find I miss them for a couple reasons, although I do have the prominent Haptic feedback set to ON.

1. Sometimes they just stop coming! I'm used to it - the Pebble was the same way. Usually a quick opening of the Apple Watch app on the iPhone resolves the issue. This is much easier than the fix on the Pebble which required me to re-pair it.
    2. It is very slight. I enjoy the stealthiness of it. No one knows I got a notification but me. But sometimes, even I don't because I miss the light taps.

• List