Hard case for the 3G iPhone

Bengal313

Sep 24, 2007
I am looking to buy a hard case for my iPhone 3g. Currently I have the bodyguardz skin on it. I am looking for something that is thin as possible and doesn't look overwhelming. I really don't like bulkiness. Something simple to protect my phone.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
Incase slider. The best hard case IMO.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
damn Straight! Looking at getting the Slider metallic silver case next. Gonna look damn sexy with my white 3G!

But if it just isn't for you, then you might want to look at the Seidio innocase 2. It's a hair thinner, and has this gaping hole on the back to show your Apple logo. Other than that, they are very similar to the Slider.

V

vnvnvn2000

I think the Cases won't fit because of the rounded edges of the iPhone 3G. Although some cases will fit, they would not fit as snuggly as one might want. It really depends, it is hard to speculate without the unit at hand

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I think the Cases won't fit because of the rounded edges of the iPhone 3G. Although some cases will fit, they would not fit as snuggly as one might want. It really depends, it is hard to speculate without the unit at hand
Which case are you talking about? I have the slider on my 3g it fits beautifully. You just need to make sure that whatever case you choose says its made for the 3G.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I am looking to buy a hard case for my iPhone 3g. Currently I have the bodyguardz skin on it. I am looking for something that is thin as possible and doesn't look overwhelming. I really don't like bulkiness. Something simple to protect my phone.

Seidio Innocase II is a lot slimmer than the Incase and coming from a bse/bodyguards/invisi shield it will fell a lot less bulky then the incase while still offering the same protection. I have dropped my iPhone plenty w/o any damage. Be warned though as these hard cases will not protect your iPhone from scratches as well as an invisi shield etc. Also there is one other thinner alternative that provides pretty good coverage(not full coverage) the incipio feather. The Incase is just too bulky in my opinion.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Griffin makes a slider exactly similar to the incase, but cheaper. i went with the power slider, and seem to not have gotten a defective unit.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Griffin makes a slider exactly similar to the incase, but cheaper. i went with the power slider, and seem to not have gotten a defective unit.
The Slider is by incase. You are thinking of the Innocase by Seidio

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
The Slider is by incase. You are thinking of the Innocase by Seidio
No, actually. I was torn between the slider and innocase at one point, but went with iSkin, then i bought a Griffin Slider at target on impulse when out shopping, and then picked up the Power slider some time after, so all 3 make sliders, Incase Slider, Seidio innocase, and Griffin Slider are all slider cases. Ill post a pic if you want.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Incase is the only one to make a case called the Slider. Seidio make a case called the Innocase II, and griffin make the iClarify, wave, and some other case that may "slide" together, but when people here refer to the Slider case, they are talking about the one from Incase.
I'm just clarifying because you might confuse others.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
Incase is the only one to make a case called the Slider. Seidio make a case called the Innocase II, and griffin make the iClarify, wave, and some other case that may "slide" together, but when people here refer to the Slider case, they are talking about the one from Incase.
I'm just clarifying because you might confuse others.
not a problem Hawk