HARD CASE - need advice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chetwynd

Jul 17, 2007
I'm really into keeping this thing new-looking and functional. I tend to drop my phones when I get out of the car, so besides being much more careful with this one, I've already put on the Invisible Shield (which I LOVE), but I also want a nice hard case that completely encapsulates the iPhone. I need to be confident that if I drop it in a case, it will most likely be fine. I'm not as worried about being able to get to calls quickly because I usually use Bluetooth, but protection is key!
Anyone have a hard case like the one I'm talking about? I actually already have the Crystal one from the Apple store, but it doesn't protect the screen at all.

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
I have the hard plastic "contour" case from Apple. I think it is great. It really protects the phone. I think in a year we will probably be selling these on eBay and buying the latest model so I want to keep this thing in perfect condition. I put it in the case and never took off the plastic shield that came with the phone (I only trimmed the bottom). One word of warning though the belt clip is absolutely crappy. If you bend over the thing will fall off. I don't even use the belt clip anymore. I just put the phone in my pocket. It's a little bulky, but I used the same type of case on my last iPod (with the original iPod skin left on) and it was brand new when I sold it a year later.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
marware is making a hard case that completely encloses the iPhone. Their site says it's sold out, but i haven't seen one in person, but it seems like it's exactly what you're looking for. i'm thinking of getting one as well...

Last edited by a moderator: