Hard drive restore and synching music

JMBiggs

Jan 11, 2008
My first time posting here. I had to wipe my hard drive after a fatal computer crash, and I'm concerned about losing what's ON my iPhone the next time I synch (this happened with my iPod). I re-installed iTunes. Can I put my music library back on my computer? If so, how?

Thanks!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
My first time posting here. I had to wipe my hard drive after a fatal computer crash, and I'm concerned about losing what's ON my iPhone the next time I synch (this happened with my iPod). I re-installed iTunes. Can I put my music library back on my computer? If so, how?

Thanks!

I too had the same exact thing happen. I tried to put everything including photos from my 5G iPod, and lost everything.

But on the iPhone I don't know. And I don't want to give you the wrong advice.:(

RTWilliams2

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I'm not sure but, if his iPhone is jailbroken, couldn't he use ssh to get into the directory where the music is stored. Then you could just copy the files back to your computer hard drive, they will have funky names though.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah if you want to get stuff off of your iPhone you will have to jailbreak it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Another alternative is to search for a program that allows you to backup your music and videos from your iPhone to your PC. I used iPod copy in the past (not the iPhone Copy) and it worked really well. It's not very cheap ($30) but it beats losing all of your music.
http://www.dvdtoiPhoneconverter.net/iphone-to-pc-computer-copy.html

JMBiggs

Jan 11, 2008