Hard shutdown (reset) and JB

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Hi,

I have a weird situation. When I tried to use PkgBackup, my IP5 (9.02, JB) froze, and I cannot do a shutdown by holding the sleep/wake button for 5 seconds. Searching online, it seems possible to use the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time for a forced shutdown. My question is: what does this do, and will it affect my jailbreak?

Thanks for any help.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hi,

I have a weird situation. When I tried to use PkgBackup, my IP5 (9.02, JB) froze, and I cannot do a shutdown by holding the sleep/wake button for 5 seconds. Searching online, it seems possible to use the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time for a forced shutdown. My question is: what does this do, and will it affect my jailbreak?

Thanks for any help.
It's called a hard reset. It forces a reboot. It's completely fine to do when your phone is jailbroken.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks for replying, Europa! As it happens, I just managed to shutdown my phone through the CCControls interface. For many minutes, I could not even access my lock screen, and just had a black screen, but luckily, in the end, I could access it and shutdown my phone as I had mentioned (wake/sleep button holding had no effect). Weird. Thanks for your reply, it's good for me to know this!