Has annyone gotten ROMs to work on the GBA emulator?

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I tried a couple and get a weird error message. Anyone else?

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
Is the screen black with the message at the top...but you can see the controls for the GBA system?

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Exactly! It shows the control template, with a message reading something like using wrong bios, but it's all garbled. Any ideas?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
hi, I am on the newly released 1.1.3 jailbreak am using WinSCP to access my phone. Thank you for the help; I'll try this tonight and let you know how it goes.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
1. You need to grab a copy of gba_bios.bin (just google it, as it is against forum policy to post direct links to it) and place it under /Applications/gpSPhone.app on your iPhone.

2. Are you on the new 1.1.3 jailbreak? If so, you need to change owner to mobile and create some symlinks:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...-3-with-the-full-jailbreak-windows-mac.19789/
Hi enigmatic, have a few questions for you.

So installed the .bin file no problem, but I'm not sure how to change the owner. Right now my ROMs folder is in var/root/media/ROMs. Is changing the owner simply moving or copying this folder into var/mobile/media? The reason I ask is that when this folder is in media, the NES emulator can't find the ROMs, so I had to keep it in root. Let me know if you can help there.

Also, for doing symlinks, is it as simple as opening Terminal, typing in the command lines from the link you sent and hitting Execute? If not, how can I do this?

Finally, after dropping in the bin file, for the hell of it, I decided to load some GBA roms and now they work, albeit kind of slow. Do I still need to finish out the symlink and change owner steps? Does this stabilize the emulator, or could I have possibly gotten lucky and don't need these steps?

Let me know when you get a chance, and thank you again for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Also, for doing symlinks, is it as simple as opening Terminal, typing in the command lines from the link you sent and hitting Execute? If not, how can I do this?
Yep, that easy. If you follow x666x's instructions, just execute these 3 commands:

mv /var/root/Media/ROMs /var/mobile/Media/ROMs
chown -R mobile /var/mobile/Media/ROMs
ln -s /var/mobile/Media/ROMs /var/root/Media/ROMs

Running these commands will: move all your ROMs over to the mobile section, change owner to mobile, and create a symlink.

If you add more ROMs later, you can upload it to either /var/root/Media/ROMs or /var/root/mobile/Media/ROMs ... since they are now symlinked, it wont matter.

As for the GBA Emulator, unfortunately some games do run slow on it. I haven't played it in awhile (I prefer the NES emulator), but i believe you can mess around with the frame rate (should be in Settings) to see if it helps.

hydro94530

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Yep, that easy. If you follow x666x's instructions, just execute these 3 commands:

mv /var/root/Media/ROMs /var/mobile/Media/ROMs
chown -R mobile /var/mobile/Media/ROMs
ln -s /var/mobile/Media/ROMs /var/root/Media/ROMs

Running these commands will: move all your ROMs over to the mobile section, change owner to mobile, and create a symlink.

If you add more ROMs later, you can upload it to either /var/root/Media/ROMs or /var/root/mobile/Media/ROMs ... since they are now symlinked, it wont matter.

As for the GBA Emulator, unfortunately some games do run slow on it. I haven't played it in awhile (I prefer the NES emulator), but i believe you can mess around with the frame rate (should be in Settings) to see if it helps.
Excellent! Thank you again, you've been a huge help!:)