Has any one met other iPhone users in the public?

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
haven't met anyone per se (only fellow line waiters from the 29th), but I have seen a women in her late 60s using one in public right near where i live. Other than that I have seen a bunch of young highschool kids in a restaurant, probably 3-4 kids there had them.

Of course at the Apple store you see people but 99% of the time they are there for support.

S

//STATiC

I thinks it's so strange how over 700,000,000 iPhones were sold across the U.S., and still everywhere I go, people are in disbelief that I have an iPhone. I've only met two other people that have them.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I work in an ER in a little hospital outside of Cleveland and I thought I would be the only one. Nope, the Physician Assistant that works in the ER got one too. Although he had no idea to use it. He keeps calling me a nerd because I have cover art on my albums and I put a few videos on them. Oh well, at least I know how to use it :laugh2:

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I thinks it's so strange how over 700,000,000 iPhones were sold across the U.S., and still everywhere I go, people are in disbelief that I have an iPhone. I've only met two other people that have them.

If you look back, or do a Google news archive search on ipod related thefts in NYC back when the devices were first released, there are many cases a people getting mugged for their ipod. I think many people have had this warning whispered in their ear by someone and chooses to use their iPhones discretely.

spaztaz

Jul 8, 2007
well a few of my friends bought one, other than that in the Apple store once this like 80 year old man with suspenders (plaid pants mind you) had an iPhone strapped with a belt clip to show everyone. it was too funny

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
iPhone Assassins

The reason you don't see anyone with an iPhone is because they are either:

a) playing iPhone assassin, or
b) afraid of being annoyed by those playing iPhone assassin!

http://iPhoneassassin.com/

mdapol

Jul 13, 2007
I didn't see anyone else for a week and then, while in Las Vegas on vacation I met two other people in line at one of the cashiers with an iPhone. I work at a company with over 3000 employees and I saw two others in the Apple store on the 29th buying one. :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm just wondering because I never have met yet. How about you guys?
If so, what did you talked to each other?
Ah, forgot to say where I'm living.
I'm living in Queens, NY but I usually go to Manhattan couple of times per week and I never met others either in manhattan.
One of the IT guys for my school district bought an iPhone on iDay. I saw him it the second day. I'm counting on him to convince our technology director to enable IMAP for us when school starts back.

I also saw another guy using one at the Cheesecake Factory in Perimeter Mall in Atlanta. They have an Apple store in the mall too, so he may have even been a mall employee of some kind.

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
I haven't seen any other owners (outside an Apple Store) yet. I still get the "Wow, you have an iPhone!" comments.

iPhone4ef

Jul 9, 2007
No one yet...but I did see a guy in Downtown Disney, here in CA, with the same type of headphones that came with the iPhone, noticed the clicker, in his ears and the wires going into his front pocket, so I didn't actually see the phone.

In2Deep

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Met a girl at the bar a couple of days ago that had one. She had hers in a pink case :mad:

Jul 12, 2007
I'm just wondering because I never have met yet. How about you guys?
If so, what did you talked to each other?
Ah, forgot to say where I'm living.
I'm living in Queens, NY but I usually go to Manhattan couple of times per week and I never met others either in manhattan.
i was wondering the same thing, and so far i have only seen ONE other DUDE with it ! and he was some weird looking kid..... and his iph0ne looked like it was in jail, the whole ph0ne was protected with a case and he HAD A STRING ATTACTED TO IT ! o.0 wth.....

p.s eat p0op

Jeremiah

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Maryland
I've seen one other guy. I didn't talk to him but he was talking to a few other people about it.

I like it when I pull it out to change a song, or text everyone looks at it.

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I haven't seen anyone in person with an iPhone. I know my one boss purchased one but i haven't seen him in a while (always traveling) but his dad (who is the boss too) always wants to see it and then says how his son has no idea how to use it. then continues to say infront of my clients how he cant believe how me and his son spent $600 on it.
and i really don't like taking mine out in public unless need be because im afraid someone might mug me or something(and im sure it doesn't help im a tiny girl who wouldn't be able to defend myself and super paranoid haha) and really tired of the comment about "omg i cant believe u got one" and "did u really stand in line for it" YESSS I DID STAND IN LINE AND IT WAS WELL WORTH IT HAHA some people just don't understand

chakraj

Jun 30, 2007
Yes, I am the Manager of a Jaguar / Land Rover dealership, and someone came in today with an iPhone. I was p**** off, I smacked it out of his hand and told him to "get the h.e. double hockey sticks out of here you copy cat". Whew that was close. :cool:

I want to be the only one, I always buy pda phones that are not released in the states yet. by the time they are if they are im done with them. this is the hard part I have to deal with all of the hundreds of thousands of nerds and geaks with the same phone as me. Oh ya except all of you guys, you guys are cool (wink, wink)

rwnewton

Jul 11, 2007
in the elevator yesterday, a co-worker asked me what's new? pulled out my iPhone and said this is. he pulled his out of this pocket and said 'i agree'. it was a great moment.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Finally today for the first time I saw my buddy in a bar. was taking down his digits. he teased me about my phone then pulled the iPhone out. Killed me