Has anybody actually paid for Caterpillar?

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
No, I'm not looking for a crack, I'm just asking if anyone has gone on the subscription plan and what they think of the program/hack.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
No, I'm not looking for a crack, I'm just asking if anyone has gone on the subscription plan and what they think of the program/hack.
I haven't, but I like the idea of the calendar in the locked screen.

Do you have a link for them?

BBGT2

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I would have if it actually worked for me, but it didn't had to restore the phone.
I am running 1.1.4 ZiPhoned and i couldnt scroll the screen after installing it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I tried it - the hacked version - and didn't like it. It made my phone freeze several times and I honestly don't think you should have to pay for it.

- John

H

Hayesimus

I had no trouble out of it that I could tell. Although now that my subscription ran out i've noticed my battery draining at an unprecedented rate. Dunno if its related.

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
I tried it - the hacked version - and didn't like it. It made my phone freeze several times and I honestly don't think you should have to pay for it.

- John
i had a lot of problems with the phone freezing as well, though i did really like the features, i don't think i want to pay for any third party application. I'll only be paying if they are stable applications supported by Apple.

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
:cool:i bought it,works great for me.one of the best apps. i use

I think I am going to pay for a 6 month subscription in hopes that something similar will come out on installer soon. The application is way overpriced but it does work well on my 1.1.3 JB iPhone. Ive heard a lot of issues with people on 1.1.4 though. $20 for 6 months, $35 for 1 year or $45 for unlimated is unnecessary. My favorite features are having my event list on the lock screen, I have been looking for this feature forever, having the 5 icon dock is always a favorite and having the ability to hide my sms messages as they arrive. Instead of the message popping up it just says i have a text from the sender, that way if someone is playing with my phone they don't see my incoming texts. If i install the reminder feature is disables all the other features, but i don't want that feature anyway i check my phone often enough to see if i missed something.

Pretty good app, way overpriced, probably wouldn't recommend it for someone on 1.1.4

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I think I am going to pay for a 6 month subscription in hopes that something similar will come out on installer soon. The application is way overpriced but it does work well on my 1.1.3 JB iPhone. Ive heard a lot of issues with people on 1.1.4 though. $20 for 6 months, $35 for 1 year or $45 for unlimated is unnecessary. My favorite features are having my event list on the lock screen, I have been looking for this feature forever, having the 5 icon dock is always a favorite and having the ability to hide my sms messages as they arrive. Instead of the message popping up it just says i have a text from the sender, that way if someone is playing with my phone they don't see my incoming texts. If i install the reminder feature is disables all the other features, but i don't want that feature anyway i check my phone often enough to see if i missed something.

Pretty good app, way overpriced, probably wouldn't recommend it for someone on 1.1.4
1. I have it on 1.1.4 with absolutely no issues. All modules are enabled with no known conflicts.
2. Their pricing structure is very intriguing. I wouldn't pay for only six months, and if I can get a year for $35, heck $45 for a lifetime seems like a deal. Besides, all of those items from individuals will also add up. If you shell out $35 and then have to spend $30 to buy the pieces from someone else, what have you gained? Either they thought this through or I'm pretty gullible.
3. I really like how they've consolidated everything into one prefs screen.
- System Font: No biggie here, and doesn't do much for me.
- Smart Dialer: This is great I use it a lot, but I wish it was faster
- FaceLift: Replacement for SummerBoard and seems to be as good.
- uCalendar: This is priceless. It's so nice to have your calendar pop up from the lock screen
- Privacy: Great for those who get embarrasing SMS's
- Reminder: Very nice. Provides sound and/or vibrating reminders for missed SMS's and calls. It would be nice to be able to change the sound.

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
1. I have it on 1.1.4 with absolutely no issues. All modules are enabled with no known conflicts.
2. Their pricing structure is very intriguing. I wouldn't pay for only six months, and if I can get a year for $35, heck $45 for a lifetime seems like a deal. Besides, all of those items from individuals will also add up. If you shell out $35 and then have to spend $30 to buy the pieces from someone else, what have you gained? Either they thought this through or I'm pretty gullible.
3. I really like how they've consolidated everything into one prefs screen.
- System Font: No biggie here, and doesn't do much for me.
- Smart Dialer: This is great I use it a lot, but I wish it was faster
- FaceLift: Replacement for SummerBoard and seems to be as good.
- uCalendar: This is priceless. It's so nice to have your calendar pop up from the lock screen
- Privacy: Great for those who get embarrasing SMS's
- Reminder: Very nice. Provides sound and/or vibrating reminders for missed SMS's and calls. It would be nice to be able to change the sound.

I'm glad the app works on your phone, i think it is a very good app. but why would i pay for a lifetime subscription if SDK is coming out in less then 2 months. I personally don't believe this app will survive past 6 months with all the bugs i have read people have encountered. Caterpillar also doesn't do anything special that Apple cant add in the next update and hopefully will. If caterpillar could add cut/paste thats a different story and i still wouldn't be happy about paying $45 for something my phone should already be capable of doing. There are more impressive apps on installer that are still free or available for a donation. But i still agree it is a good app.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I'm glad the app works on your phone, i think it is a very good app. but why would i pay for a lifetime subscription if SDK is coming out in less then 2 months. I personally don't believe this app will survive past 6 months with all the bugs i have read people have encountered. Caterpillar also doesn't do anything special that Apple cant add in the next update and hopefully will. If caterpillar could add cut/paste thats a different story and i still wouldn't be happy about paying $45 for something my phone should already be capable of doing. There are more impressive apps on installer that are still free or available for a donation. But i still agree it is a good app.
The SDK coming out only means that there will be more applications available and many of these will be offered at a price. Many could also be buggy, I'm not sure if anyone knows what Apple intends to do in 'approving' applications.

You are absolutely correct, Apple or anyone else could add these features. I don't know if that signals a demise of Caterpillar.

I want/need what it offers today and if that functionality is replaced for free by Apple, great. I am also pretty sure that the developers if they have any talent will then gear Caterpillar to other functionality that is not embedded in the OS or offered by others.